Drescher Graduate Campus Librarian
Job no: 495724
Work type: Librarian
Location: Malibu Campus
The Drescher Graduate Campus Librarian is a key member of the team of librarians and staff who together manage the operations of the graduate campus libraries at Pepperdine University. The Librarian is a creative and dynamic leader responsible for carrying out services to support learning, research, and teaching. The Librarian works closely with colleagues on both the Malibu campus and at Pepperdine graduate campus locations around the Los Angeles area. The Librarian interacts with faculty in the Graduate Business and Public Policy Schools, and participates in the design and delivery of services and programs that effectively promote use of the libraries collections, services, and expertise.
- Manages the Drescher Campus Library. Supervises library staff and students and evaluates their performance.
- Participates in collection development activities. Maintains a reference collection development statement and a maintenance policy statement in business and public policy. Evaluates and recommends materials in business and public policy for collection development. Acts as a subject specialist liaison with faculty and administrators and communicates with them on a regular basis.
- Provides research and reference assistance, and other critical services. Assists patrons in locating information using analog and digital sources. Provides general research and reference assistance. Offers in-depth research and reference support in business and public policy.
- Actively participates in information literacy/knowledge navigation instruction. Assists in planning, implementing, and evaluating a program of orientation and instruction for students, faculty, and staff at the campus libraries. Instructs patrons in information seeking research skills. Instructs patrons in the use of both print and electronic information sources. Creates print and electronic instructional materials to support specific classes or subjects.
- Creates and disseminates pertinent information to users. Reviews and updates LibGuides. Disseminates information about library services using appropriate distribution channels.
- Other projects and duties as assigned. Participates in the development, writing and updating of pertinent library documents, such as procedure manuals, database guides and training materials. Plans and executes small exhibitions in the library. Plans and coordinates presentations in the library (e.g., book talks, lectures, etc.). Participates in long and short-term library planning. Engages in research and publishing according to guidelines set forth in the Librarians' Handbook. Serves on Library and University committees. Seeks out and participates in professional development activities.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: M.L.S or similar degree from an ALA accredited library school. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, well organized, team player, highly motivated, ability to work independently and collaboratively. An appreciation for and understanding of the University's Christian mission, and a desire to contribute to that mission.
Preferred: Second master's degree.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
This is an exempt, 40 hour per week Librarian position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend