Director of Housing Operations
Job no: 495821
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Student Affairs
The basic purpose of the Director of Housing Operations position is to oversee the daily operations of all housing processes and procedures. This position provides supervision for housing staff including: Associate Director, Residential Systems Manager, Housing Operations Manager, Assignments Coordinator, and Administrative Assistant. The Director will work closely with the Associate Dean in establishing an occupancy management strategy for the five Pepperdine schools.
- Administrative Functions: Create and maintain an occupancy management system to ensure high levels of occupancy for all five schools at Pepperdine, facilitate housing application and housing assignment process, oversee the implementation of fall, spring and summer check-in and check-out processes, oversee room changes (mediate when necessary), manage and maintain up to date website content and maintain a consistent social media presence, serve as the liaison for HRL to Parent Program to communicate relevant information to parents, maintain HRL publications, serve as the chair of the residency exemption committee, supervise, update, and track student records in Star Rez and in PeopleSoft databases; prepare monthly and annual reports regarding meal plans, housing occupancy totals, and housing operations, partner with Director of Residence Life in the supervision of all residential facilities (residence halls and apartments).
- Supervision: Directly supervise Housing office staff including: Associate Director, Residential Systems Manager, Housing Operations Manager, Assignments Coordinator, and Administrative Assistant. Indirectly supervise Housing office student workers.
- Work to develop achieve departmental goals: Continue to find ways to better serve our students, serve as a liaison and resource to Student Affairs and other university departments, participate in professional staff training and the ongoing training of the RAs and SLAs, participate in weekly departmental meetings and supervisory meetings as assigned, participate in professional staff development, including the Student Affairs monthly meetings and retreats, serve as a Club Convo advisor/spiritual mentor, attend chapel on a weekly basis, serve on the Residential Emergency Response Team (RERT), serve on HRL on call rotation to support the RD on duty, and attend/make presentations at professional conferences and University events.
- Facilities and Maintenance: Meets regularly with Department of Facility Services staff to attend to facility needs, including troubleshooting existing problems and proactively addressing issues, meet with Church Relations and Special Programs to collaborate on facility use during the summer, develop protocol for relocation of students during emergencies and assessing fines during check-outs, partner with Department of Design and Construction to creatively address room modification needs for students with disabilities.
- Property Management: Partner with Department of Facility Services to conduct building inspections, assist in the planning, scheduling and coordinating of general maintenance, major repairs and renovations to the residential living area, coordinate pre and post communication to residents about facility related concerns, create and manage R&R schedule for residence hall and dining furniture, manage R&R and facilities equipment budgets.
- As a staff member in Student Affairs who works closely with students, this person serves as a Christian role model and promotes a biblical worldview.
- Attend convocation/chapel on a weekly basis.
- Serve on a Student Affairs Emergency Response Team.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Masters Degree is required; 3-5 years of professional residential experience on in a university setting is required; time management and supervisory experience necessary. Ability to integrate Christian faith with student development theories and practice. Personal faith in Jesus Christ; active involvement in a local church; demonstrated support for the Christian mission of the University; serve as a Christian role model and promotes a biblical worldview. Computer and standard office equipment.
Preferred: Experience with occupancy management, managing a budget, understanding of housing software systems (specifically Star Rez), and supervision of full time staff preferred.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
This is a regular, exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend