Career Development Manager
Job no: 495867
Work type: Restricted
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Graziadio School of Business and Management
Responsible for providing primary counseling, assessment and resume assistance to students and alumni of the full-time MBA programs. This position supports the mission in developing values-centered leaders for contemporary practice through education that is entrepreneurial in spirit, ethical in focus, and global in orientation. Through counseling and leadership, resources are provided that help students and alumni find career of service, purpose, and leadership. This position provides students with a life long relationship with Pepperdine and Graziadio.
- Provide Counseling and Skill Development to students in the full-time graduate business programs: Work directly with students and alumni to guide them into their future careers and improve ranking outcomes.
- Conduct Corporate Outreach: This role reaches out corporations and alumni to access career opportunities within firms, both in the LA area and beyond.
- Responsible for Curriculum Development: This position develops curriculum to enhance the skill sets of students and alumni that will help them to farm and secure their career opportunities.
- Maintain Database: Data collection and maintenance is required to monitor student/alumni expectations and and placement opportunities, which directly affect ranking outcomes.
- Provide Resources/Assessments/Resource Library: This role shares and researches new resources and opportunities for career search enhancement and placement.
- Uphold the University mission through work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Undergraduate degree; Minimum two years formal counseling, training/development, or corporate recruitment experience. Superior skill in counseling both individually and with groups; Program development experience; Must be knowledgeable in career counseling theories and techniques; Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint. Personal Computer, expertise in Internet Search and utilization, TV/VCR and teleconferencing equipment.
Preferred: Masters degree preferred in Counseling, Business, or some related area; Previous experience working in career services and/or corporate relations is strongly preferred; Course work and/or certification in testing and career development highly desirable.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
This is a restricted, exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend