International Admission Manager
Job no: 495873
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: International Student Services
The Office of International Student Services at Pepperdine University seeks a trained and dedicated international admissions manager to improve application completion for applicants with international education backgrounds, establish policies and perform international credential evaluation for admission, and assist admitted students with necessary next steps to enroll at Seaver College. This position assists the director in ensuring auditing, processing, and evaluations are completed in a timely manner, as well as assists with recommending and implementing process improvements and policies for Seaver international admissions. The international admissions manager serves as the primary reader and organizer of international files. This position directly supports Goals 2,4, and 5 of the Strategic Plan by enrolling and retaining diverse, mission-fit applicants from global communities who see the value of a Seaver investment. Interactions with prospective, current students, and alumni through oversight of both the admissions and immigration services contributes to forming alumni who will in turn expand the global Pepperdine family, consistent with Goal 3.
- Manage communication with applicants and institutions as necessary to assist students with application completion by phone, in person, and via the international admission email. Ensure that all communication is consistent, accurate, and timely. Utilize readers and student interns to manage all day to day procedures and operations pertaining to processing, tracking, and evaluating international applications. Develop a timeline and distribution of duties for each admission cycle, maintain reports and statistical numbers to track progress, and provide detailed instructions and guidelines. The Manager will coordinate with the records department to confirm that all eligible files are completed.
- Manage the communication to admitted students regarding next steps to enroll, including the collection of the admissions deposit and necessary documents to ensure I-20's are processed and signed in a timely manner, coordinating with the Designated School Official (DSO) as necessary.
- Articulate advanced standing and transfer credit from foreign exams and institutions. Recommend English placement and foreign language waivers.
- Aid in researching, establishing, and documenting university policies regarding evaluation of international credentials. Convert international marks to a 4.0 scale when appropriate or determine the equivalent.
- Serve as the primary contact for special populations, assessing NCAA academic eligibility for international athletes, as well as non-Degree applicants, including international and external communications, auditing applications, and processing required admission documents.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree; 3 years experience in a higher education environment or a related field; 2 years demonstrated knowledge with evaluation of international transcripts and education credentials at a regionally accredited US based education institution. Strong interpersonal, and communication skills; high level of integrity, dependability, and exemplary interpersonal qualities marked by strong work ethic and problem-solving, results-oriented; experience living or traveling abroad. Familiarity with SEVIS and/or student information systems.
Preferred: Master's degree in International Education, Higher Education Administration, Counseling, or Student Affairs; familiarity with International Student Services and/or SEVIS and student information systems. Familiarity with International Student Services.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
This is a regular, exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend