Data and Reporting Analyst
Job no: 495877
Work type: Restricted
Location: West LA Campus
Categories: Graziadio School of Business and Management
Serves as a centralized source for the Graziadio School's reporting and data analysis needs regarding student-related data. The purpose of this position is to deliver consistency with data presented and analysis provided and help decisions to be more data-driven.
- Produce high-level weekly dashboard reports of the Graziadio School's student life-cycle information (marketing, recruitment, admission, and enrollment status). Requires excellent understanding of the University's Enterprise System and CRM databases as well as advanced analysis of the data.
- Produce trimester summary reports encompassing weekly student life-cycle information, student demographics, and financial aid data. Requires excellent understanding of the University's Enterprise System and CRM databases as well as advanced analysis of the data.
- Responds to ad-hoc inquiries from management for system data (admission, financial aid, student accounts, and student records) about the Graziadio School's student population.
- Manage data collection among all stakeholders for all survey responses; assess data collected for accuracy; analyze data for all survey-related responses; serves as the Graziadio School expert on rankings; acts as liaison with survey organizations.
- Prepares presentations and recommendations based upon analysis of data for management (the leadership team).
- Creates accessible electronic database for effectively storing historical student-related data.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's Degree (preferably in any STEM-related or business field); 2 years of report generation and data analysis experience; Extensive experience with working knowledge of computers, especially in data extract/reporting software; Experience with Hyperion and/or similar reporting tools, Experience with data warehousing; Strong analytical skills (ability to analyze, make sense of and present disparate data); Understanding of the importance of data mining and its application in business; Knowledge of the emerging field of business intelligence (BI) including its capabilities and role in decision-making; Ability to design, implement, manipulate, and manage databases through a rigorous foundation in relational database management systems; Advanced proficiency with spreadsheets software such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets (data consolidation, analysis, and presentation); Advanced experience with presentation tools such as Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to prepare compelling and engaging presentations); Eye for detail; Strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written skills; Creative, responsive, and adaptive in a dynamic environment; Ability to work independently and in a team environment; Professional in conduct and practice; Equipment Used: Windows laptop; must have personal cell phone.
Preferred: Master's Degree preferred (in any STEM-related or business field); Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) or similar BI Certification. 3+ years of report generation, data analysis, and presentation experience. Strong understanding of standardized data mining processes and specific methodologies like CRISP-DM and SEMMA as well as data mining methods and techniques for classification, segmentation, association, prediction, forecasting, and sequencing. Experience with Enterprise databases (e.g. PeopleSoft) and CRM databases (e.g. Salesforce); Working knowledge of SPSS.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
This is a restricted, exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend