Temporary Shuttle Driver Pool
Job no: 495881
Work type: Temporary
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Business Services
The purpose of the Shuttle Driver is to provide safe and reliable transportation services for students, faculty, staff, and guests on campus.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety and ADA equipment to ensure everything is in working order.
- Pick-up and drop-off students and other passengers at regularly scheduled locations or specified destinations, following strict time schedules.
- Comply with traffic regulations in order to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner; report any bus malfunctions or needed repairs; follow safety rules as students are boarding and exiting buses and as they cross streets near bus stops.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, and mileage.
- Keep bus exterior and interior clean for passengers; regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort; make adjustments to vehicle.
- Complete and submit reports to management.
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions; report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: High School Diploma required; two years of experience (at least 4,000 hours) operating a commercial vehicle required; customer service skills required; ability to interpret maps, directions, and instructions required; knowledge of state, county, and federal laws that pertain to transportation and transit required; written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with supervisors, law enforcement, and customers required; ability to follow written and verbal directions required. This applicant will need to have and demonstrate the ability to work under a tight priority workload, provide excellent customer service, and possess a spirit of teamwork.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are made contingent on an acceptable driving record based on an official DMV screening, valid Class B Driver's License with current passenger endorsement, drug and alcohol screening, pre-employment physical, and successful completion of a criminal, educational, and employment background screening.
This is a temporary, on-call, non-exempt position.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend