Job no: 495901
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: School of Law
Create content for, and manage content on all Pepperdine Law communications outlets, including print, web, digital, and social media for the purpose of increasing engagement with internal and external audiences, especially prospective students, and increasing the national reputation of the law school.
- Propose, draft, and publish print, web, social media and blog content, in the form of news, stories, and announcements for the School of Law's official outlets and major publications. Development of content will require attending events, performing research, conducting interviews, exchanging information with other departments at the law school and University, etc.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and Associate Director of Marketing and Events to establish content and messaging strategy across all levels of communication channels and across all targeted audiences and stakeholders in addition to developing and maintaining the School of Law content calendar and annual marketing plan.
- Oversee and monitor all School of Law owned social media channels, communicating regularly with channel administrators.
- Create content for marketing materials and campaigns including collateral, e-mail, newsletters, video scripts, press releases, print advertising, infographics and more.
- Propose and support advertising campaigns for admissions, events, alumni relations, etc.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field; 2-4 years of documented content development, writing, storytelling and editorial skills; Excellent proofreading and communication skills; Experience working in a high-demand environment while being detail oriented; Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Applications (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.); Proficient in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat; Familiarity with blogging and content management web systems such as WordPress and OmniUpdate; Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Applications (Google Docs, Sheets, etc.).
Preferred: Formal training in CMS solutions like OmniUpdate; experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce; Experience producing social media content for professional outlets; experience managing posts and content calendars for various social media accounts and outlets across an organization, including managing other staff users of those accounts; experience communicating with a team producing other creative content such as graphic ads, websites, blogs, newspapers, etc.; Knowledge of the legal profession or legal education; Social Suite and SEO content writing experience; Experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (graphic design, photoshop); Experience with event photography; Formal training in CMS solutions like OmniUpdate; Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce; Experience with Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (graphic design, photoshop).
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
This is a regular, non-exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend