Job no: 495907
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Graziadio School of Business and Management, Administrative/Office Support
The purpose of this position is to receive and greet guests at the Graziadio School of Business and Management in Malibu. The position will also provide telephone support for incoming inquiries to the program as well as assisting all departments with various projects. This front desk reception greets students, guests, and faculty. The position supports the University mission as the face and representative/first impression of the values of Pepperdine to those arriving to the Graziadio School. This role helps support preparing students for lives of service, purpose and leadership.
- Greet visitors, guests, faculty, staff and students; answer phones.
- Provide event support as needed; wrap gifts for speakers.
- Serve as a liaison between the academic advisers and the general public.
- Communicate and assist students with schedule advising appointments, answer basic inquiries, provide general knowledge for student inquiries.
- Maintain classroom and meeting reservations.
- Maintain kitchen, supply and mail rooms; make coffee.
- Assist program team with projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold the University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: High school diploma; 1 year of related experience; Organized and able to set priorities; Able to work under pressure with frequent interruptions; Customer service-oriented; Able to interact with people from different backgrounds, cultures, and ages; Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook), copiers, and fax machines; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Must be a self-starter and able to report back when vital tasks are completed.
Preferred: College Degree; 2-4 years of related experience preferred; PeopleSoft and Kronos experience.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
This is a regular, non-exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend