Box Office and Patron Communications Manager
Job no: 495910
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Arts/Museum, Center for the Arts
Provide customer service to Center for the Arts patrons. Manage ticket inventory, develop communications strategies, perform community outreach, gain and retain patrons, create goals for sales and patron engagement, and report on sales and patron engagement outcomes. This position connects Pepperdine and the richly varied communities of Los Angeles and surrounding communities by presenting a positive image, serving university donors and patrons, building and maintaining relationships within the university and the surrounding community, and supporting the financial viability of the Center for the Arts.
- Manage event listings and ticket inventory within ticketing software; supervise sales to individual ticket buyers, subscribers, donors, outside groups, and on-campus administrators.
- Develop annual strategy for communication to existing theatre patrons; research, analyze, and segment patron lists for print and electronic campaigns; oversee day-to-day patron communications; assist with CFA marketing and publicity efforts.
- Supervise and train student employees in customer service and point-of-sale operations; interview, hire, and schedule student employees; oversee front-of-house operations as acting manager during performances.
- Supervise cash and credit card transactions for all ticket sales; prepare daily deposits for ticket sales; reconcile event ticket sales and transfer ticket revenue monthly; act as daily custodian for the CFA primary change fund, including processing change requests, allocating funds for daily or temporary use, and performing daily reconciliation of employee allocations.
- Design and compose emails, web content, letters, postcards, and other electronic and print pieces sent to current patrons; report on success of print and electronic campaigns; oversee and prepare lobby displays and signage.
- Assist the Theatre Operations Manager with daily theatre operations, including filing, organization, and event set-up.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or equivalent. 2-4 years in customer service and/or communications; 1 or more years supervisory experience in customer service environment. Knowledge of basic sales, marketing, communications, design, and editing principles; advanced internet search skills; quick learner and independent problem solver; excellent written and spoken communication skills. Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel; proficiency in HTML and Adobe Photoshop; advanced PC experience.
Preferred: College degree in marketing, business administration, communication, the arts, or a related area. Experience working in one or more of the following sectors: nonprofit, performing arts, or higher education. Familiarity with an institutional style guide; knowledge of ticket sales and performing arts industry standards; knowledge of accounting principles; cash handling and reconciliation skills. Expertise in Excel; familiarity with Access; experience managing web content and point-of-sales systems; familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator; experience designing print, web, and email content.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education and employment screening.
This is a regular, exempt, 40 hour per week position. The person in this position must be able to work frequent evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Salary: $45,000-$48,000 annually
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend