Director of Operations for Student Recruitment, Marketing and Educational Events
Job no: 495914
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: School of Law, Director/Executive/Management
Under the direction of the Academic Director of the Straus Institute, this position is responsible for managing the Straus Institute's marketing and recruitment functions and for achieving annual assigned enrollment targets for student recruitment. This position is responsible for leadership, strategic planning, and oversight of all marketing and recruitment efforts, including directing staff efforts and managing ongoing operations.
- In consultation with the School of Law (SOL) leadership, the Academic Director of the Straus Institute and the Director of Operations for Admissions, Student Information and Services for the Straus Institute, establishes annual assigned enrollment targets for student recruitment for the LL.M., MDR, and Certificate programs.
- Identifies external and internal opportunities and then develops and refines detailed strategies for marketing and student recruitment in order to meet annual assigned enrollment targets.
- Effectively manages marketing and recruitment teams; inspires high morale and promotes team mentality and unity; holds team members accountable to high performance standards and university policies through direct supervision, motivation, training and support.
- Leads marketing team efforts in support of recruitment of students for academic programs as well as enrollees in Straus Institute professional skills programs and other training programs.
- Supervises digital marketing campaigns, social media and other online resources as well as print and direct mail campaigns and other aspects of marketing promoting the Straus Institute and Pepperdine School of Law to prospective students and enrollees around the world.
- Promotes and ensures effective communication and teamwork with the SOL and University marketing functions.
- Effectively leverages Straus Institute and University activities and events in support of marketing of programs.
- Supervises all student recruitment activities including: Supervising travel to specific countries of interest by faculty and staff and ensure that we get maximum exposure from each trip; determining when and where to have exhibit booths at conferences/competitions/recruitment fairs; developing/maintaining relationships (MOU's) with other universities that will serve as "feeder schools" into our program (including international schools like Peking University in China, MacKenzie in Brazil; Jindal Global in India, Heidelberg School of Law, Yongsei in Korea, and PMU in Saudi Arabia among others, as well as local English programs at the UC schools, USC, etc.); outreach to Education USA advisors; working with past participants of Straus training programs to provide information about Straus' academic programs; recruitment for intra-school programs including JD/MDR, JD/Certificate, and MDR/MPP (including direct responsibility for recruiting full-time MBA and undergraduate students to participate in our Certificate program).
- Ensures effective, efficient and systematic approaches to the marketing and recruitment functions, including effective deployment of CMR and other electronic platforms, including: Establishing recruiting procedures and monitoring if they are working and/or can be improved; managing the CRM experience to ensure we are capturing appropriate data in a "searchable form" to generate reports and manage future efforts; tracking whether our level one intake coordinator is keeping up with the protocol for inquiries in a timely manner and then monitoring if the level two recruiters are keeping up with the tasks assigned to them; fully utilizing the CRM capabilities which to analyze where the process is not working and make corrective adjustments.
- Collaborates with the Academic Director and Director of Operations for Admissions, Student Information and Services to provide leadership and strategic guidance for the Straus Institute.
- In consultation with the Academic Director, supervises the activities of the Pepperdine ADR Inn of Court.
- Other duties as assigned
- Uphold the University mission through work performed
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: A bachelor's degree; 5 years senior management experience; First-hand experience (as a lawyer, business professional, and/or dispute resolution professional, utilizing mediation, arbitration, and other dispute resolution and conflict management approaches); Excellent leadership and management skills, including interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation skills); Strong organization, analytical and time management skills; Strong customer relationship management skills; Familiarity with (or ability to quickly master) pertinent computer applications and tools used at the Institute, including CRM, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
Preferred: Master's degree from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution or equivalent; Familiarity with academic and professional skills programs in dispute resolution and conflict management; Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening.
This is a regular, exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend