Director of Graziadio Employee Services
Job no: 495932
Work type: Restricted
Location: West LA Campus
Categories: Graziadio School of Business and Management, Administrative/Office Support, Director/Executive/Management
The Graziadio School is developing a new Employee Services department which is charged with helping the Graziadio School to be more strategic in nature; deliberate about training, development, and the culture created within the School; and more effective in how the School deploys its employee workforce. The Director of Graziadio Employee Services is tasked with launching this new department. Some of the key responsibilities will be developing, implementing, and monitoring School-level policies, bringing best practices and insight, and helping to lay the foundation for a great culture to exist for Graziadio employees.
- In consultation with the Graziadio Leadership Team, develop a compensation philosophy focused primarily on staff roles that addresses hiring rates, promotion requests, and requests for compensation adjustments.
- Monitor and analyze compensation levels across the School, paying particular attention to equity, compression, inversion, and parity across various dimensions.
- Analyze and advise on position descriptions, ensuring each position has a clear purpose with corresponding responsibilities and appropriate pay. Ensure there is consistency in format and content across all positions within Graziadio.
- Establish and continually improve a new supervisor development program framework and curriculum to train and develop new supervisors on what it takes to be a great supervisor. Topics should include hiring and managing staff, training, supervisor responsibilities, performance management, career development, etc.
- In support of creating a great workplace for Graziadio employees, and to continually invest in developing existing supervisors, work with University HR to develop and deliver training events for supervisors. Work to ensure skills training is implemented and leveraged.
- Prior to a new position request being sent to Leadership Team for consideration, review each proposal to ensure organizational structure, compensation level, internal equity, and other considerations are fully vetted.
- In order to properly and sufficiently introduce new employees to Pepperdine Graziadio, develop and oversee an onboarding experience for new employees which reinforces who we are and what sort of culture we are trying to create.
- Develop a hiring process which looks to assess culture fit in addition to talent fit, such that when deciding to make a job offer to an applicant both components are considered.
- Help establish and continually improve a semi-annual and annual performance management routine for all staff and faculty in an administrative role.
- Help supervisors identify stars, and provide guidance on how to continue developing and challenging these individuals so that their performance and engagement levels continue to excel.
- Work with supervisors and University HR to identify staff requiring performance improvement plans (PIP), and provide guidance to supervisors with a defined and consistent approach to executing and assessing a PIP.
- Oversee the Graziadio remote work guidelines, implementation, record keeping, sharing of best practices, and ensuring the program is successful.
- Help develop and implement initiatives that promote employee engagement with the Graziadio community and reinforces our Pepperdine pride.
- Develop ongoing opportunities for staff to grow professionally.
- Be a leading voice in organizational best practices, including structure, strategy alignment, reporting relationships, compensation levels, etc. to our employees, supervisors, and Leadership Team.
- Establish a solid working relationship and become an influential point of contact within the School for HR and management related issues.
- In consultation with each department supervisor, create 6 and 12 month workforce plans for each department within the School.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold the University mission in all work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: A bachelor's degree is required. 3 years working in an HR environment is required. Knowledge in the areas of HR and talent management related to training and development; employee on-boarding; performance management; compensation practices; the ability to analyze data and make recommendations; and a proven knowledge of industry best-practices. This position will use a laptop daily, be required to communicate via Google Mail, give PowerPoint presentations, and maintain Excel files.
Preferred: A masters degree in the area of human resources, talent management, or similar field is strongly preferred. Formal training in HR or talent management is strongly preferred. SHRM or other recognized industry certification is strongly preferred. Preferred knowledge around employee engagement; creating a rewarding and fun work environment; and effective hiring practices. PeopleSoft, PageUp, Kronos.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening.
This is a restricted, exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend