Director of Women's Basketball Operations
Job no: 500902
Work type: Contract
Location: Malibu Campus
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and oversee the administrative and logistical aspects of the Women's Basketball program including equipment and apparel ordering and management, all travel logistics, and communication to student-athletes. This position is committed to the academic success of athletes and seeks to enhance the mission of the University by being involved in the total development of the student-athlete's mind, body and spiritual life. This person will represent Pepperdine University on the highest professional level with dignity, integrity, strength of character and the exhibition of ethical behavior. This position will know, understand and comply with policies of Pepperdine University, the NCAA and the Conference where the sport competes, have a personal life in harmony with the Christian mission of the University, and maintain proper decorum at all times, while ensuring that no student-athlete, coach or staff member is publicly critical of officials, opponents, the conference or Pepperdine University.
- Manage all apparel and equipment contracts and order, inventory and distribute all apparel and equipment.
- Manage all aspects of team travel including transportation, hotel, team meals, and laundry.
- Work directly with compliance to maintain CARA logs, TMP (time management plan), logging of recruiting days, official visits, etc.
- Assist Coaches with "scheduling", which includes finding opponents for non-conference and writing up and managing game contracts.
- Assist with on-campus recruiting (official and unofficial visits) as well as work with recruiting coordinator to manage recruiting databases and presentations.
- Prepare facility for practice each day.
- Recruit, hire, and supervise all interns and graduate managers (where applicable).
- Work with the head coach, facilities, sports performance, and academics to put together and distribute the weekly team schedule.
- Serve as a point of contact with the academic coordinator when putting together class and study hall schedules.
- Manage the reallocation and substantiation of credit cards for coaching staff as well as recruiting travel.
- Oversee players' and coaches' home and road ticket lists (in accordance with compliance).
- Work with assistant coaches in overseeing student-athlete housing and applications and admissions for incoming student-athletes.
- Manage subscriptions to scouting services, analytics, and video services.
- Oversee community service outings.
- Plan and execute all program-related events including fundraisers, end-of-the-year banquets, senior day, and team meals.
- Coordinate laundry for team-issued gear and uniforms.
- Manage all video operations for practice and games including film exchange with the opponent.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university. Experience working in or playing sport. Knowledge of NCAA recruiting and compliance rules and processes. Exceptional communication skills. Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Preferred: Played sport at NCAA Division I/II/III level Familiarity with ARMS software, video editing software, and other sport-specific technologies. Knowledge of social media platforms.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Contract, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend