Director, Full-Time Career and Professional Development
Job no: 500910
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Director/Executive/Management, Graziadio Business School
The purpose of this position is to provide high-level guidance, leadership and clear expectations for the career coaches of the Career and Professional Development team for the Full-time Programs. This role directly supervises coaches and supports a strong and engaging student experience.
This position helps prepare students for their careers and directly influences their preparation for lives of service, purpose, and leadership.
- Strategize, envision, and direct the creation and implementation of programs, services, and events that promote career planning as a lifelong process; provide a welcoming environment that encourages student contact and career research and development. Use discretion as to the best course of action, fit and outreach plans.
- Work with Executive Director, Directors, and Project Administrator to develop an enhanced data strategy, including employment data outreach and collection, measurement of student satisfaction, and overall engagement.
- Support the development of new employer relationships. Work with the Director of Career Readiness in the implementation of employer strategy and outreach. Organize employer sessions, developmental workshops, mock interviews and networking opportunities among students and the local business community. Independently evaluate and create strategies to highly impact student outcomes. Use discretion as to the best course of action, fit and outreach plans.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff, recognizing a high standard of professionalism; inspire cohesive teamwork.
- Independently foster collaborative relationships with faculty, staff and students; Cooperate with other Graziadio offices and faculty members to ensure effective use of resources, collaborative communications, and achievement of mutual goals.
- Represent the Graziadio School at professional business events to promote Pepperdine students; represent Pepperdine at professional conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold the University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: MS in Counseling or an MBA; Master's Degree. 5 years of supervisory experience. Ability to work with international students and persons of diverse backgrounds. Organized and able to set priorities; Able to work under pressure with frequent interruptions; Customer service-oriented; Able to interact with people from different backgrounds, cultures, and ages; Exhibits excellent written and oral communications, and ability to assimilate and organize data. PC proficient, with proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook), Internet search, and utilization necessary.
Preferred: Experience in a University career center, corporate relations, alumni relations or equivalent. 8-10 years of management experience. Understanding of the business community and working with recruiters and executives. Experience with Handshake; PeopleSoft; LinkedIn; Learning Management Systems.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend