Senior Engagement and Foundation Relations Officer
Job no: 500948
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Research, Vice Provost for Research and Strategic Initiatives
Reporting to the Associate Provost, the Senior Engagement and Foundation Relations Officer is a strategic position, which leads the Office of Research, Grants, and Foundation Relation's (RGFR) outreach and engagement with extramural funding agencies and the development of key relationships with corporate and foundation partners. This position also supports the growth in development and submission of applications/proposals to extramural funders.
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies to grow faculty, staff, and University proposal submissions for extramural funding, including curating funding opportunities, analyzing funding trends, developing and implementing website resources, developing the department's monthly newsletter, and other educational and development resources related to extramural grants.
- Strategize key prospect partnerships with public and private agencies, identify new prospects, especially foundations, and corporations, and grow an external support base.
- Liaise with senior administration and University Advancement to advance University initiatives and extramural funding. Identify strategic University initiatives, programs, and faculty and staff research and projects conducive to extramural funding and develop for proposal submission.
- Conduct training and educational opportunities for faculty and staff on extramural funding and other relevant areas.
- Work closely with faculty, staff, and administration to draft proposals, budgets and justifications, and appendices for submission to extramural funders, including federal and state, and with a focus on nonprofits, foundations, and corporations. Finalize and upload proposal files for submission through sponsor submission systems such as Grants.gov, Research.gov, ASSIST, and other portals as required.
- Provide research and analysis for prospective partnerships and larger initiatives.
- Consult with and advise faculty on funding opportunities, funding agencies, private funders, grant writing, grant budgets, and the grant submission process.
- Foster a culture of grant seeking at the university and contribute to the growth and development of grant submissions and the RGFR office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree. Exceptional writing skills; exceptional customer/constituent service and problem-solving skills; strong budget development and analysis skills; ability to be thorough; computers and other standard office equipment; MS Word, Excel, etc. Must be comfortable working independently and as part of a team and be comfortable meeting deadlines and balancing competing priorities. Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Preferred: Prior development/ fundraising, pre-award sponsored projects, and/or grant writing experience in a higher education setting. Prior experience in sponsored projects training and education.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend