Marketing and Events Coordinator for Enrollment Management
Job no: 501015
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Seaver College, Communication/PR/Marketing, Event Planning
Supporting the Director of Enrollment Management Marketing, this position will author print/electronic content, manage social media efforts, and plan/execute recruitment/yield events for Enrollment Management that combined will help define and promote the University's mission to a wide external audience. Therefore, this position directly supports Goals 2, 4, and 5 of the strategic plan by contributing to wider Enrollment Management efforts to attract diverse, mission-fit applicants.
- Event Management and Execution - Plan, implement and coordinate all Office of Admission events (Pepperdine Preview, Fall Information Sessions, Pepperdine Summer Preview, Malibu Reception, Spring Admitted Student Receptions, Posse events, Counselor Advisory Board, Local Area Counselor Luncheon, SoCal Swing Counselor Fly-In, Webinars and other specialty events. Ensure all venues, catering, and details of the event are booked and executed; oversee admission event calendar. Serve as liaison between the Office of Admission and departments across campus - building relationships, planning, communicating, and coordinating various aspects of events; Communicate event-related information to campus partners and volunteers. Manage event budget; Process C2C requisitions; Credit card reallocation and substantiation. Chair the Events Team Committee and serve as primary point person for all Office of Admission events; based on evaluation of Admission staff strengths and experiences, assign event-related duties to professional and student staff members. Evaluate the effectiveness of each event in relation to recruitment goals in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and the Director of Admission; Event report writing in Slate; Develop and maintain updated event manuals for each event. Maximize technology experience for on-campus events in consult with Director of Marketing and the Campus Visit and Experience team. Mobile App development and management for annual yield event.
- Social Media - Create and execute social media strategy for Seaver Enrollment Management, in consult with University IMC and the Strategic Enrollment Management Committee. - Manage daily operation of Enrollment Management's social media accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest through scheduled and manual posts. Create and design ads for strategic paid advertising on Facebook and Instagram. Represent Seaver Enrollment Management on the University-wide Social Media Committee. Develop expertise in social media marketing through researching and analyzing competitors, trends, best practices, and emerging platforms. Cover/document major on-campus events and activities through photography and posts.
- Campus Experience - Work with the Seaver Admission Campus Experience team to manage print materials and giveaway items for on-campus guests. - Manage print, giveaway, and promotional materials inventory.
- Content Creation/Writing/Website Development - Create and manage admission content for the Seaver Blog in consult with the Seaver Digital Content Creator. Write copy for electronic communication and print publications. Content development and webpage design for the Seaver College website. - Project management includes the Transfer Mentor website, the Diversity and Access Website, and First Generation College Student website.
- Other Duties - Committee Participation: Serve as a member of the Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee. CRM: Work in consult with the Director of Marketing to help manage Slate email campaigns and events. Professional Development: Stay current with social media and marketing strategies and best practices as they relate to higher education marketing, and update Enrollment Management staff when appropriate. As well as benchmarking and seeking professional development in admission events. Research: Identify voids in higher education marketing and develop projects to present Seaver Enrollment Management as a helpful, authoritative, and informational resource to students and parents during the admission process and college experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree. Excellent written and oral communication; copy-editing skills; attention to detail; understanding of social media marketing techniques and platforms (e.g. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok etc.); photography skills; ability to collaborate, multi-task, and take initiative; experience with event planning; familiarity with Pepperdine University and Seaver College; appreciation for and awareness of branding. Proficient in MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Mac software; management of popular social media platforms.
Preferred: bachelor's degree from Seaver College in communication, business, marketing, or advertising. Photoshop, Illustrator, Omni Update proficiency, Slate experience. 1 year of professional work experience in higher education and/or marketing/events.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend