Senior Business Analyst, Enterprise CRM
Job no: 501048
Work type: Restricted
Categories: Information Technology, Technology
The Senior Business Analyst supports the Enterprise CRM Solutions systems as it relates to Admissions, Recruitment, Advancement, Outreach, Marketing - or some subset thereof, as determined by need, experience, and the supervisor. The Senior Business Analyst, Enterprise CRM supports implementation and support of Salesforce solutions across Pepperdine's diverse schools and business units; aligning Salesforce solutions with business strategies via needs assessment, analysis, documentation, clear communication, and ongoing support.
- APPLICATION, DATA, AND SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT: Responsible for the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of business partners' business requirements. Navigate the competing needs of multiple stakeholder groups, define end-to-end business processes, and map out supporting requirements for one or more systems. Monitor, investigate, resolve, or escalate Salesforce Cases and user questions.
- TRAINING AND SUPPORT: Serve as subject matter expert for Salesforce user training. Conduct meetings and presentations to support user collaboration and share best practices. Participate in planning, development, and administration of user engagement and training programs for existing and new Salesforce solutions. Adapt training strategy and approach to best reach targeted audience.
- COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS: Represent Pepperdine and IT in a professional manner when collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Develop and maintain strong partnerships with campus personnel and departments, as well as with external vendors and service providers, to assure current and future operational success. Provide backup support and assistance to the Enterprise CRM team. Listen with the intent to understand customer objectives. Explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- RESEARCH, ANALYSIS, AND REPORTING: Conduct needs analysis and document existing business or process requirements with constituents to identify opportunities for Enterprise CRM improvements or new projects. Regularly review support requests (in-person, email, support ticket, etc.) to assist in root cause analysis and identify solutions and enhancements to improve user experience and system performance/reliability. Evaluate CRM trends, new/emerging technologies, and other applications, systems, or process solutions for consideration within IT or the University. Create summaries or reports for colleagues, constituents, and/or supervisors to evaluate successes and opportunities for growth or improvement.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Take ownership of assigned projects and play a proactive role toward the goal of project completion from start to finish. Estimate time and resources required for tasks and projects. Report status of current projects on a regular basis to supervisor, leadership, and/or stakeholders. Use project management software to track, monitor, and measure all projects.
- ADMINISTRATION: Review and submit regular paperwork and processes, such as status reports, bi-weekly or monthly timesheets, assessments for mid-year and annual reviews, and other routine IT and University practices.
- COLLABORATION: Provide backup support and assistance to other team members. Collaborate with co-workers and University colleagues on departmental, division-wide, and institutional projects. Share process information and make informal recommendations on how to improve processes and overall job execution within the team/department.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Attend training sessions, vendor presentations, user group meetings, conferences, and seminars. Engage regularly in individual professional development-related activities to remain current with industry technology trends and work processes.
- COMMITTEES AND BEYOND JOB DUTIES: Volunteer to undertake tasks that stretch the employee's capabilities. Serve on various committees within the Information Technology division. Participate in external University committees. Perform other related duties as assigned.
- UNIVERSITY MISSION: Understands and supports the Christian mission of the University. Upholds the University's mission through team, location, atmosphere, and work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree. One (1) year or more relevant experience. Intermediate written and communication skills. Basic presentation/training skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Suite.
Preferred: One year of experience with Enterprise CRM and one (1) year or more of higher education experience. Salesforce Administration Certification. Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Restricted, Exempt, 40 hour per week position that is eligible for remote or hybrid work in accordance with the University policy manual
Expected Pay Range: $64,480 - $71,000 per year
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend