Administrative Assistant, Support
Job no: 501321
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Seaver College, Administrative/Office Support
This position supports faculty as they fulfill their duties to the university and students’ academic development at the undergraduate level as they explore their God-given gifts as young artists. In addition, this position mentors student workers preparing them to become servant-minded leaders in their chosen professions.
- Schedule Non-Event Bookings Using 25Live and Google Calendar to schedule Academic Fine Arts Events.
- Assist Office Manager with Academic needs and manage the PML enrollment process.
- Manage the Private Music Lessons (PML) enrollment process for the fall and spring terms.
- Coordinate and manage the Marathon Registration process for the incoming class.
- Manage and track card key access/brass key access for faculty, students, and staff members.
- Oversee Student Worker schedules, work, and training.
- Coordinate Lindhurst Load-In scheduling through 25Live.
- Schedule/manage: piano watering, piano tuning, syllabi collection, CV collection, hiring instruction tracking, and teaching schedule tracking.
- Perform other duties, including assisting faculty, staff, and students.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: A bachelor’s degree with two years of event coordinating experience. Proficiency in written and oral communication. Ability to follow directions and implement procedures thoroughly and efficiently. Strong communication skills with oral, written, and edited skills. Excellent telephone etiquette. Ability to multitask and focus in a very hectic environment. Ability to consistently inform supervisors of their project status. Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects with deadlines. This high-paced environment prefers the ability to plan, schedule, review, and manage daily tasks. Ability to develop organizational skills demonstrating the ability to coordinate tasks in multiple rooms within separate buildings. Ability to maintain a calm and professional attitude. Ability to follow directions and implement procedures thoroughly and efficiently. Interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and ability to use good judgment.
Preferred: A bachelor’s degree with three years as an Administrative Assistant or Event Assisting/Coordinating. Candidates who have mastered the ability to plan, schedule, review, and manage their daily, weekly, and monthly tasks are preferred in this high-paced environment with challenging deadlines. Proficiency in 25Live. Proficiency in Kronos. Experience with PeopleSoft. System knowledge in the financial and student modules, Workfront, College Net, etc.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: $43,680 - $47,840.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend