Student Records Coordinator
Job no: 501378
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Administrative/Office Support, Other, Office of Student Information Systems
The Student Records Coordinator serves as a generalist providing critical and strategic support in all the functional areas of the Office of Student Information and Services, specifically in the records and front-line departments. This position will offer courteous, effective, sensitive, timely and accurate service to students and all constituents within the community at large. By handling all issues with professionalism, purpose, care and diligence, this position will require the staff member to faithfully represent the mission of the University
- Process transcript and verification of enrollment requests received via mail, in person, and using the National Student Clearinghouse portal; Work on daily batch process; Troubleshoot any records issues; Process archived transcript requests (PRE-IA) using microfiche system; Scan student record documents using Etrieve portal; Assist in implementing special projects pertaining to academic records such as electronic data conversion, document imaging and management, disaster recovery and business continuity, student record retention and disposition; Perform morning and closing procedures.
- Act as liaison with specialists from OneStop, Admission, Financial Aid, General Counsel, Residential Life, Campus Life, Disability Services, Academic Advising, Health Center, Public Safety, Student Employment, Account Resolutions, International Programs, International Student Services, Athletics, and other University departments. Sell movie passes. Assist home offices with special student services during peak business times such as processing photo ID.
- Analyze and interpret student accounts for students, parents, or University staff; Verify student billing addresses for billing statement; Accept payments on students' account; Communicate verbally and in written correspondence to student, parent questions and concerns regarding student account; Verify international program charges, public safety, student health office, residential life charges, and disciplinary fines; Provide information regarding due dates and payment plans; Verify payment plans on system for billing statements.
- Serve as frontline representative on needs basis; Analyze student's needs, provide guidance and assist student in completing the following: Registration, adding, dropping, auditing a class and/or withdrawing from school; Transfer/substitution of units forms; Request for degree audit report (DAR); Request for an advisor and change of advisor forms;, Academic processes, policies and procedures; Seaver Academic Exception Request form; Challenge Exam form; Exceptions to Seaver Academic Policy form.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree; PC and software knowledge; Demonstrated ability to correspond in written form and verbally; Professional writing skills; Excel at providing quality service; Enjoy extensive contact with people; Possess positive and pleasant interpersonal skills; Able to multi-task; Able to see and act beyond the immediate need; Have the ability to go beyond merely following policies. Must understand the purpose behind the policies and constantly strive to better the way the policies serve our constituents. Must be able to use office equipment, including personal computer, fax, and photocopy machine, telephone, Microfiche readers, scanners, and other office machines and equipment as tasks require.
Preferred: Two years' experience in student services; Experience within University service areas; Customer service training; Billing experience; Experience with using web-based student information system for inquiry and flagging student records; Knowledge of PeopleSoft Oracle.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $18.90 - $21.00 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend