Academic Advisor, Full-Time Program Administration
Job no: 501418
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Graziadio Business School, Academic Support
This position supports the academic progress, retention, and successful program completion of students enrolled in the full-time programs offered at the Graziadio Business School. The position also assists in the planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of program advisement protocols and initiatives that enhance the value and effectiveness of services provided by the Programs Office.
- Maintain an advisement caseload of students enrolled in academic programs designed for full-time students at the Graziadio School. Provide guidance on academic requirements, procedures, policies and deadlines.
- Serve as primary student contact point for full time masters students on academic and administrative matters, including new student enrollment, program advisement, course scheduling and registration, and special petitions; make interdepartmental referrals when appropriate.
- Regularly monitor and update student academic status through the use of University record database and document management tools (e.g. PeopleSoft, Etrieve, Courses).
- In collaboration with the Programs Office, develop and implement activities to promote engagement, affiliation, and community building among PGBS students, faculty and staff.
- Maintain ongoing communication and collaboration with the offices of Recruitment and Admission, Global Programs, and Student Engagement and Success. Document communication/interactions with students and provide updates as requested.
- Assist in the planning, design, and execution of departments/schools events (e.g. concentration webinars, New Student Orientation, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree. Familiarity with college/university environment; knowledge of basic counseling/helping techniques and their application to educational settings. Prior experience (2 or more years) as an academic advisor/counselor or a similar role, serving student populations from diverse backgrounds. Strong interpersonal skills and service orientation. High capacity for collaborating in a team environment. Ability to quickly and accurately assess situations and communicate them clearly to others. Ability to handle multiple demands. Customer service orientation; problem solving skills; team skills; experience in a multicultural environment; public speaking; decision making ability; excellent written and oral communication skills and proofreading ability; public relations skills; strong work ethic. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Applications, and adeptness with technology. Computers, printers, scanner, voicemail, telephone, fax, photocopy machine and audiovisual equipment. Proficiency with personal computer, fax, expertise in Internet Search and utilization, and teleconferencing equipment.
Preferred: Masters degree in Education, Counseling, Human Development or other related areas. Experience working with non-traditional students (specifically working adults) pursuing professional degrees; experience creating and providing academic support resources. Ability to quickly assimilate new software and commercial databases appropriate to the full-time portal and web sites; familiarity with the context of business and management education. Experience in PeopleSoft.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position based at the Malibu campus.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend