Job no: 501424
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Student Affairs, Administrative/Office Support
The Front Office Administrative Assistant is a skilled administrator who supports front office operations. This position works alongside other Student Health Center professionals and clinical staff with adherence to clinic policies, human resources policy and procedure, and HIPAA standards. The Front Office Administrative Assistant participates in confidential interactions and record-keeping necessary to the successful functioning of a medical clinic.
- Greet patients, parents, and other visitors entering the Student Health Center. Provide excellent customer service by managing high-volume phone calls, supporting and coordinating student services in an efficient and timely manner, and maintaining practitioner, nutritionist, and nursing patient schedules. Assist students with questions, scheduling, and check-in / out processes for their respective appointments. Provide receipts/superbills for patient visits with correct CPT and ICD-10 codes for insurance reimbursement purposes. Maintain and update patient charts in the Electronic Health Record system as appropriate.
- Work with nursing staff to identify students with non-compliant immunization records each semester and place and remove registration holds. Coordinate with other on-campus resources (e.g., Counseling Center, Office of Student Accessibility, Academics, etc.) for the continuation of care as appropriate. Contribute to developing office protocols to enhance functionality or comply with regulations.
- Assist in performing all necessary front office opening and closing procedures. Process incoming/outgoing records and pharmacy requests.
- Work with the Office Coordinator in training and overseeing student workers. Submit Health Center requisitions and facility work orders. Monitor office supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Serve as a member of campus committees as designated. Serve on the Residential Emergency Response Team (RERT) and SHC Emergency Response Team, and if safe to do so and necessary, provide assistance overnight.
- Uphold University's mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: 1-3 years of administrative experience, preferably in a medical setting. Bachelor’s degree. Knowledge of all Microsoft Office products and Google Applications. Ability to learn essential medical software programs, e.g., Medicat, Travax, and the insurance carrier’s website. Exercise cultural competency and respectful consideration in a student population representing diverse cultures. Maintain professionalism, good judgment sense, and confidentiality. Ability to interact with a variety of people both in-person and on the telephone, especially in regard to ill or injured students, their parents, faculty, and staff. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Excellent organization and time management skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced setting with multiple demands that often occur at the same time. Understand and follow guidelines of HIPAA policy for patient confidentiality. Personal faith in Jesus Christ; active involvement in a local church; demonstrated support for the Christian mission of the University, or serving as a Christian role model to students. Perform all of the above with a sense of compassion toward students and coworkers in concurrence with the University, Student Affairs, and Student Health Center missions.
Preferred: Front office medical assistant training.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $22.50 - $25.00 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend