The Manager, Prospect Development Training and Support is primarily responsible for providing training and process support for Pepperdine’s advancement database, the Raiser’s Edge (RE/NXT) toward best practice data access, data entry, and data management. Working closely with subject matter experts across Advancement, this position will develop and manage a modular training program and accompanying documentation library for all RE/NXT users. This position will also partner with Prospect Development colleagues to develop and maintain data integrity reports in support of individual, departmental, and institutional goals and priorities to ensure data hygiene. The Manager, Prospect Development Training and Support reports to the Director, Prospect Development.
- Manage a queue of incoming training and support requests from all RE/NXT users. Triage requests for direct resolution or escalation as appropriate. Manage projects resulting from user requests or refer project requests to the appropriate team or staff for consideration and management.
- Provide training and accompanying documentation for all RE/NXT users including system navigation, constituent record data, fundraiser data entry and management, query, lists, and exports. Ensure all trainees have access to RE prior to training and are referred to Advancement Gifts and Records for any necessary security access revisions.
- Respond daily to email requests to update the RE/NXT from the University community. Provide data management and processing assistance for Prospect Development services on various daily tasks and special projects as needed.
- Create and maintain policy and procedure documentation for RE/NXT related processes across Advancement. Manage the list of data integrity reports to help ensure the accuracy and integrity of the data in RE/NXT. Remain informed on RE/NXT updates, upgrades, and additional services pertaining to the job. Assist with RE/NXT upgrade testing as needed.
- Partner with Advancement Services to review, analyze, evaluate, and schedule daily, weekly, and monthly RE/NXT cleanup jobs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree required; Three or more years experience in networked computer environments; two years experience in a role that has provided user support, required; a minimum of two years experience with and knowledge of the features and capabilities of an Advancement database software (Raiser’s Edge highly preferred); two years of general office experience required; experience with Microsoft Office products, and minimum two years experience with data entry procedures. Experience with database programs and Microsoft Office products specifically proficient in Excel essential; excellent analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills, including written and verbal. Strong organization and time management skills, including the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously while working with minimal guidance. Experience that demonstrates an inquiring mind, attention to detail, accuracy, meeting deadlines, internet research tools and techniques. Demonstrated ability to work in and collaborate effectively in a team structure. Ability to listen actively, effectively convey information, negotiate, identify the nature of problems and bring them to resolve.
Preferred: Two years of technical training experience; Experience with database software features and capabilities, preferably RE/NXT; experience in a data position within Advancement with RE/NXT or a comparable database system and Microsoft Excel experience.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $67,500 - $75,000 per year
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.