The Senior Client Technologies Analyst, AV Technologies works under the direction of Audio-Visual Technologies Manager or Team Lead to provide technical assistance, support, and training to faculty, staff, and students at the Malibu Campus. Helps manage classroom technology as well as provides support for select University events.
- TRAINING AND SUPPORT: Responsible for providing support on standard client hardware, software products, and audio-visual equipment. Configures and operates audio-visual equipment. Troubleshoots problems using scripts and checklists as guides, escalating issues when necessary. Works with basic infrastructure products. Researches trouble issues with guidance from others; documents problem statuses and resolutions in the tracking log; and alerts team members about recurring problems. May provide on-the-spot training to clients. Participates in integration testing. Supports events with setups, pickups, and training. Documents solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions. Aware of our service level agreement targets, takes steps to meet or exceed requirements and explains service procedures to clients. Provides input during project planning and requirements phases.
- COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS: Represents Pepperdine and IT in a professional manner when collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Develops and maintains strong partnerships with campus personnel and departments, as well as with external vendors and service providers, to assure current and future operational success. Builds relationships with individual clients, including faculty, staff, students, and executives. Identifies client service improvements and shares success stories with clients and team members.
- DATA, ANALYSIS, AND DOCUMENTATION: Helps maintain team operations handbook, training manuals, and guides. Consistently and reliably creates service tickets for each service provided; monitors and tracks assigned tickets; documents resolutions and troubleshooting notes; and provides and documents timely and detailed communication with stakeholders. Identifies process improvements based on review of support tickets, feedback from peers and constituents, and reflection of completed tasks and duties. Works with supervisor to investigate the feasibility and implementation of process, procedure, service, and/or system improvements.
- ADMINISTRATION: Reviews and submits regular, timely, and complete paperwork and processes, such as status reports, bi-weekly or monthly timesheets, assessments for mid-year and annual reviews, and other routine IT and University practices. Coordinates the scheduling of technology resources and resolves conflicts arising from demand exceeding available resources. Maintains supplies. Keeps personal, team, and shared workspaces clean and organized.
- COLLABORATION: Provides backup support and assistance to other team members. Collaborates with co-workers and University colleagues on departmental, division-wide, and institutional projects. Shares process information and makes informal recommendations on how to improve processes and overall job execution within the team/department.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Attends training sessions, vendor presentations, user group meetings, conferences, and seminars. Engages regularly in individual professional development related activities to remain current with industry technology trends and work processes.
- COMMITTEES AND BEYOND JOB DUTIES: Volunteers to undertake tasks that stretch the employee's capabilities. Serves on various committees within the Information Technology division. Participates in external University committees. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- UNIVERSITY MISSION: Understands and supports the Christian mission of the University. Upholds the University mission through team, location, atmosphere, and work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree with some courses in technology, business, education, theater, cinema, graphic design or information design. Basic working knowledge of standard hardware and software products; basic working knowledge of problem solving/troubleshooting skills; basic working knowledge computers and applications in a networked environment; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred: 2-3 years of experience in a field of or related to information technology, audiovisual technology, event support, or business. Strong technical skills in Information Technology; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills needed to work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external resources; excellent decision-making skills and ability to work under pressure; experience in following emerging trends in technology; expertise in the use of major project management and collaboration software, including MS Project, Asana, MS Office, email, calendaring, and emerging collaboration tools (wikis, Google Apps, web conferencing, etc.)
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $25.09 - $27.88 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.