Job no: 501531
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Advancement, Development/Alumni Affairs
The Development Coordinator serves as a partner to the front-line fundraisers in Advancement to reach the University's fundraising goals. This position provides daily administrative support services to the development team and assists with tasks such as prospect research, donation correspondence, gift fulfillment, campaign support, events/meeting management, and special events assistance. This position requires in-person collaboration with a number of University constituents, supervisors, donors, and friends of the University in order to fulfill the duties of the job.
- Answer telephones and take action as necessary, greet guests, and help schedule donor visits on campus. Manage calendars; schedule group and individual meetings; prepare materials, reports & agendas for meetings, handle room reservations, catering, etc. Plan and arrange donor events (luncheons, dinners, receptions, and special events). Interface with appropriate staff on projects and events.
- Maintain correspondence and documentation for front-line fundraisers, draft and submit proposals, and prepare gift donation summaries for processing. Serve as a liaison between front-line fundraising team and prospect development.
- Maintain files, purchase office supplies, track & reconcile budgets, prepare credit card reallocations and substantiations, and prepare travel and expense reimbursement forms and electronic submissions. Schedule and book travel plans for fundraisers.
- Assist front-line fundraisers with proper donor stewardship. Greet donors and prospects as appropriate upon arrival to campus.
- Process expense reports and mileage reimbursements, complete monthly credit card reallocations and substantiations, and maintain accurate budget records on behalf of the front-line fundraisers.
- Assist front-line fundraisers with running appropriate donor queries and reports in Raiser's Edge.
- Prepare, compose or edit, and execute various correspondence & mailings including annual gift renewals and donor proposals. Interface, as necessary, with appropriate fundraisers, staff, faculty, and deans in the creation of gift acknowledgments and stewardship efforts including thank you cards, birthday cards, holiday cards, and other stewardship programs. Communicate with donors and other constituents as requested or needed.
- Manage special projects as assigned by Advancement leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree (work experience may substitute for a degree); previous experience as an Administrative Assistant or related office experience. Excellent writing skills, including outstanding spelling and grammar; outstanding skills with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information; ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and independently; willingness and ability to incorporate the mission of Pepperdine University into daily work. General office equipment knowledge (computers, multi-line phone system, copy machine, etc.)
Preferred: 2 years experience in an administrative position; work experience in higher education or fundraising environment; management experience Knowledge of Raiser's Edge and prior event coordination experience.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $21.62 - $24.03 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend