The primary purpose of this position is responsibility for clinical training and professional development that focuses on clinically relevant resources to students enrolled in the Daytime and Evening Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy. The position is located at the Malibu campus. Duties include: providing on-going support to students, assisting student in securing placement at a practicum site, managing administrative details related to existing and new practicum site partnerships, and developing professional development resources and events for MACLP program. A portion of the time will be spent auditing and keeping internal files on Digital Management System and social media content/digital resources (i.e. video content/tutorials, slides, and handouts, etc) up to date.
- Student Support/Practicum Site Administration
- Assist students, Manager and Clinical Training Coordinators (CTCs) with new practicum site requests by processing application materials through Digital Management System (DMS).
- Assist CTCs in peak hiring periods by providing additional one-on-one student site consultation meetings across all campuses via zoom, phone or in-person (Calabasas, Irvine, Malibu, West LA) and presenting information to MACLP pre-practicum and practicum classes.
- Manage administrative tasks related to auditing and maintaining site files to keep records in accordance with state and University standards (i.e. site affiliation agreements, site profile forms, MOUs, Certificate of Insurance and Supervision Agreements).
- Assist in gathering data from reports each semester and communicate findings to Manager and CTCs; develop report for students to use as resource while in program; support coordination of follow-up meetings with community partners to enhance training opportunities.
- Survey community partners tri-annually and report on sites hiring each term to team and students across campuses via announcements and through DMS each semester/keep site agency reps updated in DMS.
- Assist site representatives/supervisors in completion of state required agreements and practicum paperwork in DMS.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Professional Development Administration
- Support development and maintain up to date asynchronous materials for classes and resources that support students/faculty/supervisors (i.e. Video Tutorials, handouts, etc) on YouTube/Courses.
- Manage professional development resource directory that link students to University departments, alumni, community partners, professional associations/organizations and mentorship initiatives within GSEP community and PeppConnect.
- Coordinate professional development events including practicum/alumni panels, practicum fairs, clinical trainings or conversations, or other special events relevant to student need.
- Oversee creation of marketing materials for events hosted by CTCs or GAs, CAMFT, CALPCC, Local 3000 Clubs, BBS, etc; collaborate with University departments to increase marketing strategies using social media, GSEP newsletters and University platforms.
- Process contracts for professional development events across campuses/process reallocations/substantiations.
- Assist Manager with internal/external collaborations (i.e. CAMFT, BBS, MFT Consortiums, CALPCC, etc), GSEP Career Services and Alumni Relations.
- Other Duties
- Participate on the admissions committee in reviewing applicants to the daytime program and attend committee meetings.
- Delegate assignments to Graduate assistants in order to support the needs of the Clinical Training and Professional development department.
- Respond to communications in a timely manner and provide linkages to resources as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. Some experience working clinically and in an academic setting. Knowledge of CA state Board Regulations for the MFT and PCC profession. Strong communication and presentation/public speaking skills, customer service oriented, self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented, works well collaborating with others, ability to navigate Google suite (i.e. email, docs, slides, sheets, etc), social media platforms (i.e.Instagram, YouTube, etc), and Zoom PC or Mac. Experience with social media, Courses/Sakai, Tevera.
Preferred: Knowledgeable of marriage & family therapy theories/treatment. Ability to work effectively with people of varying degrees of training and diverse backgrounds, (i.e. licensed mental health professionals, practicum students, other members of the MFT Clinical Training teams, and practicum instructors. Familiarity with the BBS regulations for MFT trainees). Clinical experience in a practicum setting. Strong administrative and communication skills. Confident in the ability to use social media and various digital platforms to promote resources and events. Detail oriented. Knowledge of internal digital management systems (i.e. Tevera, Sakai/Courses)
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Restricted, Nonexempt, 20 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.