Administrative Assistant, Graduate Law Programs
Job no: 501637
Work type: Restricted
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: School of Law, Administrative/Office Support
This position will be responsible for assisting the Dean of Graduate Law Program and the Executive Director of Graduate Law Programs and helping them keep up with daily demands.
- Schedule and manage appointments for Graduate Law/Straus Dean and Directors and assist with managing their calendars. Also manage department master calendar and act as scheduling hub to help avoid overlapping events.
- Assist with Straus Training program logistics and billing.
- Assist Dean and Directors with ongoing and short term projects as they arise.
- Oversee academic student event logistics and lunch options including dinners at faculty homes.
- Answer main phone line and responsible for checking and distributing voice messages that come in after hours.
- Process reimbursements and credit card reallocations and substantiations for all Graduate Law/Straus Directors.
- Greet students, faculty and visitors entering the office, order office supplies, and assist with special needs of any guests.
- Other duties as requested.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: High School Diploma Seeking someone who is very well organized with strong communication, people and problem solving skills. Must be able to take directions from several different directors and prioritize competing interests. This person should be someone who enjoys working with individuals from around the world. Ideally will be open to occasional evening and Saturday hours.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Restricted, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $18.90 - $19.23 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend