Strategic Project Associate (Malibu, Calabasas Campus)
Job no: 500423
Work type: Restricted
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Human Resources, Administrative/Office Support, Other
The Strategic Project Associate serves the Pepperdine community in administrative support and special project assignments throughout the University. This position formally reports to Human Resources and moves between short-term assignments in University departments as needed and as appropriate. Upon initial employment, the staff member will participate in a professional development program, hosted by Human Resources, designed to give a broad overview of the University's mission, organization and business operations. Employees serving in this role will receive University benefits and will be expected to work a regular, full-time schedule.
- Perform a broad-range of administrative tasks including answering phones, greeting visitors, processing and maintaining documents, data entry, preparing presentation materials, and other administrative tasks.
- Professionally serve all members of the Pepperdine community including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of the University.
- Learn a variety of Pepperdine systems and software including but not limited to PeopleSoft, the University's applicant tracking system, and Raiser's Edge; learn and understand University policy and best practices to act as a resource to various departments, under the direction of the supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with Human Resources supervisor regarding department needs, special project assignments, and areas of concern.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism within each setting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s Degree; one year of general office experience required; ability to quickly adapt to assignment and work group changes; must be able to work with a variety personalities and teams as assignments change; strong flexibility in working with a variety of work styles required; ability to work independently and also as a part of a team required; strong general office skills required; excellent oral and written communication skills required; familiarity and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required; familiarity and knowledge of Google Suite (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides) required; general office familiarity with printers, scanners, copiers, phone systems, fax machines, etc.
Preferred: Three years of general office experience preferred; experience with large database systems preferred and highly desirable; ability to find joy in rotating and changing assignments preferred; experience with PeopleSoft systems preferred.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Restricted, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend