Job no: 500816
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: School of Law, Admission/Student Recruitment
The Admissions Specialist supports all business processes for prospective students and applicants during the recruitment and application cycle each year.
- Coordinate processing and data entry for applications, test scores, letters of recommendation, and transcripts.
- Maintain the general admissions email account in conjunction with the Admissions Manager.
- Serve as the primary tour guide for prospective students.
- Answer the main admissions phone line.
- Assist in the development of the tour program, assist in the recruitment and training of student ambassadors; assist in developing the marketing materials for both annually.
- Recruit, counsel, and meet with prospective students.
- Assist in executing the annual admissions events (Open House, Faculty Scholars, Dinner with the Dean).
- Maintain the law applications and waitlist email account.
- Recruitment management; maintain calendar and materials; collaborate with the team to develop marketing campaigns for admitted students.
- Coordinate tour program and admission packets.
- Application review of presumptive deny files.
- Coordinate special interest applications.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education/experience. A year of general office experience; must be free of conflicts of interest. The ideal candidate will possess superior attention to detail; excellent communication skills; excellent customer service skills; a professional demeanor; the ability to multi-task at a high level; the ability to use discretion when handling confidential and sensitive issues; highly organized.
Preferred: Experience in admissions or in a law school. Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly. Experience with PeopleSoft.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend