Assistant Director of Graduate Employment and Employer Engagement
Job no: 500875
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: School of Law, Career Services
The Assistant Director of Graduate Employment and Employer Engagement plans, manages, and implements the strategies for graduate employment, with a particular focus on the most recently graduated class. This role also develops and executes employer engagement to provide opportunities for graduates. They will work closely with the Alumni Affairs and Career Development Office to meet CSOL’s important employment goals.
- Develop direct relationships and contacts, and foster effective outreach programs and working relationships, with employers, alumni, faculty, staff, and other placement professionals.
- Directly place recent graduates with employers, driving excellence in law school's graduate employment outcomes relative to peer and aspirational schools.
- Counsel recent graduates and alumni in career planning, job search strategies, resume preparation, interviewing skills, and networking in the diverse legal market and other professional career interest areas.
- Encourage ongoing positive communications and relationships between students, alumni, employers, and CSOL.
- Work closely with the Career Development Office and the Assistant Dean for Professional Formation to collect and report data.
- Cultivate and enhance employer and alumni relationships by working closely with the Alumni Affairs Office of Alumni Relations.
- Lead and strategize with the Law School Employment Task Force and other law school administrators regarding above duties.
- Support and contribute to the law school's mission and overall goals and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Juris Doctor or LLM; One to two years of legal practice experience; Excellent interpersonal, written, public speaking, and communication skills; Driven, bottom-line, results-oriented outlook with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and quotas; Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population of students, staff, alumni, and administrators; Strong technology skills with ability to use Microsoft Office and other programs and applications.
Preferred: Legal employment market expertise and previous experience with career counseling, marketing, workshop planning, or administration; Strong problem-solving and organizational abilities; Ability to take an energetic and creative approach to prepare students for professional opportunities and marketing them to potential employers while maintaining a student-centered, positive attitude.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend