Job no: 500917
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Seaver College, Admission/Student Recruitment
The Seaver College Office of Admissions purpose is to facilitate the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of undergraduate students. As a member of the Admission Committee, an Admission Counselor is charged with recruiting and selecting high school and transfer college students who fit both the academic and Christian mission of the university while maintaining, if not improving, the overall gender, geographical and ethnic diversity of the campus.
- Recruit high school and transfer college students to apply for undergraduate admission to Pepperdine University Seaver College.
- Read and make admission decisions on undergraduate applications during the fall admission season.
- Correspond with prospective applicants and their families concerning admission to Pepperdine, student life, spiritual life and academics.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned/voluntarily: Event Planning, inter-departmental Responsibilities, Co-Authoring Marketing Materials and Presentations.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: B.A. or B.S. Degree, any major. Ability to perform well in a team presentation, writing and critical reading/thinking skills; knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel); organizational and time management skills; event planning; public speaking; attention to detail; willingness to learn Peoplesoft, NOLIJ, and our customer relationship management tool; ease with technology.
Preferred: One-year general office experience; knowledge of the Admission Office and Seaver College programs.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend