Office Manager and Engagement Specialist
Job no: 500932
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Advancement, Administrative/Office Support
The Office Manager and Engagement Specialist oversees the daily operations of the Engagement & Mass Appeal department, assists in outreach, marketing, and event planning initiatives, and supports the goals of the department to further their advancement efforts.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Engagement and Mass Appeal office, assisting with the daily administrative tasks and supporting all individuals in the department.
- Assist with department finance such as purchase orders, vendor communications, credit card allocations, bookkeeping, and travel arrangements.
- Assist with document development and other communications.
- Assist with department incoming calls, voicemail, email communications, and alumni/parents/appeals concierge communications.
- Assist with department scheduling and coordination between department members and other departments.
- Utilize the department’s database to input data and search for information.
- Assist with alumni/parents online social network membership approvals.
- Assist with alumni/parents identification cards and passes for using fitness facilities.
- Assist the department with marketing and events.
- Assist with development of crowdfunding web pages.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Strong people skills; Strong organizational abilities; Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure; Team oriented. Proficient in Microsoft Suite (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite; Ability to promote the mission of Pepperdine University in daily work.
Preferred: Familiarity with Pepperdine culture, mission, and values. Working knowledge of Pepperdine platforms and systems (e.g., Raiser's Edge, PeopleSoft).
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend