Senior Client Technologies Analyst, Tech Central
Job no: 500970
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Information Technology, Technology
Located at one of our Southern California campuses, the Senior Client Technologies Analyst provides quality technology assistance, support, and training to faculty, staff, students, and other constituents of Pepperdine University.
- TRAINING AND SUPPORT: Provides excellent customer service and support to the students, faculty, and staff by providing solutions to technology challenges relating to the classroom or office environments. Supports and maintains classroom technologies, including projectors, wall panel controls, Blu-ray players, cabling, and remotes. Participates in migrations, office moves, major upgrades, and integration testing.
- RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS: Research solutions to issues related to technical difficulties encountered by faculty, staff, and students. Includes optimizing Operating Systems, resolving hardware conflicts, and process improvements. Analyzes data from support requests (in-person, email, support ticket, etc.) to recommend and implement improvements to systems, documentation, training, or other services. Attends product seminars and courses to broaden individual knowledge of hardware and software. Evaluates new and emerging technologies and technology solutions for consideration within IT or the University.
- COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS: Represents Pepperdine and IT in a professional manner when collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Develops and maintains strong partnerships with campus personnel and departments, as well as with external vendors and service providers, to assure current and future operational success.
- ADMINISTRATION: Reviews and submits regular paperwork and processes, such as status reports, bi-weekly or monthly timesheets, assessments for mid-year and annual reviews, and other routine IT and University practices.
- COLLABORATION: Provides backup support and assistance to other team members. Collaborates with co-workers and University colleagues on departmental, division-wide, and institutional projects. Shares process information and makes informal recommendations on how to improve processes and overall job execution within the team/department.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Attends training sessions, vendor presentations, user group meetings, conferences, and seminars. Engages regularly in individual professional development-related activities to remain current with industry technology trends and work processes.
- COMMITTEES AND BEYOND JOB DUTIES: Volunteers to undertake tasks that stretch the employee's capabilities. Serves on various committees within the Information Technology division. Participates in external University committees. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- UNIVERSITY MISSION: Understands and supports the Christian mission of the University. Upholds the University mission through team, location, atmosphere, and work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree in business or technology/computer science, or related field, certification in computer applications recommended; experience training end-users in hardware or software. Two (2) or more years of relevant work experience training end-users in hardware or software as well as classroom technologies. Willing to work weekend and evening shifts on an as-needed basis. Demonstrates a working knowledge of basic hardware and software products. Demonstrates problem-solving/troubleshooting skills. Advanced knowledge of working with computers and applications in a networked environment.
Preferred: Strong technical skills in Information Technology. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills needed to work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external resources. Excellent decision-making skills and ability to work under pressure. Experience in following emerging trends in technology. Expertise in the use of major project management and collaboration software, including MS Project, Asana, MS Office, email, calendaring, and emerging collaboration tools (wikis, Google Apps, web conferencing, etc.).
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend