Mail Courier/Service Specialist 1
Job no: 500984
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Skilled Craft/Trade, Campus Operations
This position provides mail/parcel courier services to the Malibu Campus and Graduate Campuses. Sort Incoming US mail and campus mail. The position directly supports the University's mission for students, faculty, and staff by ensuring timely delivery of their mail and parcels. In addition, the position occasionally supports the efficient setup of University events and the distribution of inventory and maintenance materials to ensure the timely maintenance and repair of campus facilities and equipment.
- Collect, sort, route, and distribute USPS mail. Verify addresses, postage, and condition of incoming and outgoing mail. Deliver mail and parcels to the Student Mail Center for pick up by students and University departments.
- Receive, inspect, and log mail and parcels from large volume mailers, couriers, and contractors. Process accountable mail from USPS and overnight delivery companies using the computer tracking system (Bear Tracks) and deliver to the addressee and secure signatures using a handheld tracking PDA. Weigh parcels and/or letters and determine and affix the proper postage utilizing departmental postage meters.
- Provide moving services to University departments and Pepperdine students and student housing. Assist with the moving of surplus inventory from and to the Calabasas Warehouse.
- Assist with University event setups. Place and arrange furniture and assist with the oversight of services of outside vendors hired to support University events.
- Handle and process warehouse materials and inventory. Receive and account for stock, issue stock to end-users, and perform miscellaneous inventory activities.
- Operate University vehicles and equipment in performance of mail, moving and setup services observing all safety policies and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Ability to listen to and understand the information presented through spoken and written words. Possess a valid California driver's license and a good driving record with proof via a current DMV printout. Ability to grasp and move material with hands and arms. Ability to lift and move 70 pounds over a short distance. Experience working with the public. Ability to operate a cargo van for delivery to campus locations in a safe manner obeying all DMV rules and regulations. Ability to drive for long periods of time and distance. Experience with processing mail using a computerized tracking system (Bear Tracks). Experience working with the public.
Preferred: Prior mail services/shipping experience. Work under tight deadlines and prioritize workloads. Ability to work around noisy equipment. Ability to stand for long periods of time. Ability to work in a team environment. Training in the proper operation of material handling equipment. Class "B" driver's license. Prior experience with mail equipment such as postage meters and bulk mailing machines and handheld PDA's. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat, Google Gmail.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend