Assistant to the Associate Provost & Internal Grants Coordinator
Job no: 501068
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Administrative/Office Support, Research, Vice Provost for Research and Strategic Initiatives
This position is very important to the Associate Provost and the Office of Research, Grants, and Foundation Relations (RGFR) as it involves a great deal of interaction with the faculty, staff, and students of Pepperdine University. This position provides comprehensive administrative support to the Associate Provost and the RGFR team, including the organization, entry, and retrieval of correspondence and data relevant to Pepperdine's internal research programs and other research support services. It is a position requiring confidentiality and sensitivity to issues and personnel, as well as excellent public relations skills and attention to detail. This position supports the University's strategic plan by promoting continued interest in and growth of Pepperdine's research portfolio.
- Provide daily support for University faculty, staff, and students awarded internal research grants including faculty/student reimbursements, vendor payment requisitions, credit card reconciliation, petty cash reimbursements, supply/equipment purchases, and travel arrangements (including conference registration, hotel reservation and transportation arrangement, etc.), and budget reconciliation of Associate Provost research funds.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Associate Provost for Research, Grants, and Foundation Relations (calendar management, scheduling, travel, etc.) and perform general office duties in support of RGFR.
- Manage faculty applications and award correspondence for internal research programs.
- Organize various events related to RGFR services (e.g. annual Seaver research symposium, summer research opening reception, etc.).
- Maintain research websites.
- Assist Associate Provost with administrative aspects of Pepperdine's Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree; 3 years of office experience; experience in planning and executing events; highly motivated, enthusiastic, and strong interpersonal skills and professional manner; excellent writing, editing, and communication skills; interest and ability to conduct research; ability to work independently and as part of a team; proven ability to multitask and capable of handling changing priorities under deadline while maintaining attention to detail. Ability to perceive overall applications and concepts; aptitude and willingness to learn new computer software; PC literacy. Writing and/or editing experience; proficiency in Google applications and Microsoft Office (especially MS Word and Excel).
Preferred: Previous administrative experience in the higher education environment. Understanding of the higher education environment.
Experience in web design and maintenance (knowledge of OmniUpdate); graphic design experience (knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign); database management experience. Experience with PeopleSoft, Kronos, and Google applications.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend