Under the supervision of the Senior Administrative Coordinator, the receptionist is responsible for providing a welcoming environment, excellent customer service, and consistent, comprehensive reception desk and phone coverage for the Graziadio Business School Beckman Management Center. The receptionist provides administrative support for the general facility and operational needs of Beckman Management Center, facilitates space reservations, and maintains the general upkeep/inventory of Beckman Management Center common areas. As the first point of contact for patrons of the Beckman Management Center and a staff member who interacts daily with a broad range of visitors (students, faculty, staff, guests, etc.), the receptionist plays a key role in maintaining a welcoming, positive, and service-oriented environment, while promoting the Graziadio School mission of preparing students to become Best for the World leaders.
- Reception Desk: Facilitates all day-to-day operations of the Beckman Management Center reception desk, ensuring a welcoming environment, excellent customer service, and consistent coverage for building patrons and callers. Greets visitors, faculty, staff, and students. Answers and routes all incoming phone calls. Addresses in-person questions and inquiries and exercises independent judgment in answering or re-directing inquiries in order to provide the best customer service. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Pepperdine campus resources and directs students, staff, and faculty to appropriate resources as needed. Makes recommendations to supervisor regarding procedures for reception desk operations, including, but not limited to, non-academic space reservations, supply inventory, and common space upkeep. Understands and maintains up-to-date knowledge of reception desk safety protocols and exercises independent judgment in carrying out these protocols when the need arises.
- Operations: Facilitates Beckman Management Center space reservations and requests for faculty, staff, and students via 25Live; reschedules last-minute classroom space upon request; maintains the general upkeep, appearance, and inventory of Beckman Management Center common areas (faculty/staff kitchen, mailroom) and initiates re-stock orders when needed; sorts incoming and outgoing mail; facilitates shredding services and payment; assists with general building operations and maintenance reporting for Beckman Management Center.
- Administrative Support: Provides general operational and administrative support to supervisor for Beckman Management Center facility. Maintains digital signage and approves signage posting requests according to established policy. Maintains and approves PGBS Malibu calendar event requests via Trumba. Reconciles monthly Pepperdine credit card. Trains temporary employees on reception desk operations as needed. Updates daily classroom schedule signage for Beckman Management Center. Maintains lost and found for Beckman Management Center. Supports the Associate Dean for Full-Time Programs on various administrative tasks (scheduling faculty meetings, credit card reallocations).
- Other: Participates in ongoing professional development and attends all staff trainings and meetings. Maintains confidentiality of student information at all times (as per FERPA).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold the University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: High school diploma. Minimum 2 years of professional experience in administrative role. Ability to take initiative and work effectively within a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with frequent interruptions; demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, maintain confidentiality, identify solutions, and consistently apply policies and procedures; excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; superior customer service skills; strong organizational, time management, prioritization, and administrative capabilities; ability to comfortably, courteously, and effectively interact and communicate with diverse stakeholders (students, faculty, staff, senior administrators) within a higher education setting. Highly proficient in Google-based platforms, MS Office-Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, file sharing, mobile devices, PC, Mac, phones, scanning, copiers/printers, and fax machines.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree. 3-4 years of administrative experience, preferably within a higher education setting. Aptitude for learning and implementing new technologies and devices; experience with 25Live and Trumba.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Restricted, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.