Strategy Support Manager
Job no: 501088
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Advancement, Development/Alumni Affairs
The Strategy Support Manager serves as a partner to the front-line fundraisers in Advancement to reach the University's fundraising goals. This individual serves a unique purpose in the donor strategy and cultivation cycle, working in partnership with prospect development staff to equip fundraisers with the resources and support required to succeed throughout the donor cultivation cycle. This position requires in-person collaboration with a number of University constituents, supervisors, donors, and friends of the University in order to best fulfill the duties of the job.
- Provide strategic oversight in collaboration with prospect development staff to front-line fundraisers in preparing prospect bios for a designated group of front-line fundraisers for meetings with donors and/or prospective donors.
- Assist front-line fundraisers in prospect development and portfolio tracking throughout the donor cultivation cycle. Keep detailed records of donor interactions and communications for each fundraiser.
- Serve as the project manager for numerous board operations including the planning and execution of high-profile events for donors and appropriate follow-up as necessary.
- Propose correspondence and maintain important documentation for front-line fundraisers, independently draft proposals and submit proposals upon review by development leadership. Prepare gift donation summaries for processing as needed.
- Manage proper donor stewardship initiatives for front-line fundraisers. Greet donors and prospects as appropriate upon arrival on campus Plan, execute, and oversee luncheons, dinners, receptions, and other events. Keep detailed records of all contacts and help plan follow-up strategies with all constituents.
- Process expense reports and mileage reimbursements, complete monthly credit card reallocations and substantiations, and maintain accurate budget records on behalf of the front-line fundraisers.
- Assist front-line fundraisers with running appropriate donor queries and reports in Raiser's Edge (Advancement's fundraising database).
- Maintain and update constituent contact information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree; strong oral and written communication skills; exceptional people skills; ability to prioritize work and provide accurate, high-quality information under deadlines; ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; excellent people skills and team-oriented spirit; ability and willingness to articulate the Christian mission and culture of Pepperdine in daily work and interactions with others.
Preferred: Experience working in Advancement in a higher ed institution; familiarity with Pepperdine University and its Christian mission.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend