Director, Campus Operations
Job no: 501185
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Director/Executive/Management, Other, Campus Operations
The Director of Campus Operations oversees critical campus functions and services essential for the University to fulfill its mission, including Mail Services, Transit Services, Printing Services, Warehouse Services, and Automotive Services. Pepperdine University is a Christian university committed to the highest standards of excellence and integrity. As the Director of the department, it is vital to set an example of professionalism and excellence. Candidates for this position should: (i) be committed to the mission and goals of Pepperdine University; (ii) be consummate team players who are solutions-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships; (iii) have a sense of urgency and responsiveness when handling projects, with an ability to handle multiple tasks focused on University objectives in a timely manner; and (iv) be committed to the highest ethical standards, with personal and professional character and integrity beyond reproach.
- Supervise professional team members (hire, manage, lead, and mentor employees across all Campus Operations departments in alignment with the mission, policies, and Living Pepperdine; set individual and departmental expectations; provide feedback to help team members be successful; cultivate a healthy, effective, and enjoyable work environment to promote loyalty, satisfaction, and retention; effectively distribute responsibilities among team members to ensure an appropriate workload; manage time cards and employee scheduling; and oversee the hiring, training, and supervision of student employees).
- Lead personnel responsible for: the delivery of mail for all Pepperdine departments; the procurement, receiving, stocking, and distribution of warehouse materials and supplies to campus customers and Facility Maintenance Services; the safe and efficient transport of students, faculty, staff, and University guests; the production operations of printing services; and the organization, supervision, and coordination of repairs and maintenance for the University fleet vehicles.
- Direct the daily workflow and processes for Mail Services, Transit Services, Printing Services, Warehouse Services, and Automotive Services and develop, implement and administer department plans, goals, budgets, and procedures.
- Oversee departmental accounting, financials, invoice reconciliation, and departmental recharges.
- Negotiate and execute vendor contracts.
- Oversee and report annual regulatory compliance, (i.e. South Coast Air Quality Management District, Department of Motor Vehicles Motor Carrier Permit Renewal, reporting of University diversion rates, etc.)
- Actively participate in the emergency operations subcommittee for the development and maintenance of business continuity plans.
- Coordinate cross-training of operational staff to increase efficiencies.
- Manage reassignment of labor resources in response to absenteeism and workload changes.
- Maintain and manage more than 30,000 square feet of storage across multiple University storage locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s Degree. Management experience. Supervisory experience. Exemplary attention to detail. Data-driven and results-oriented. Multi-tasker. Interpersonal Skills. Proficiency with Google suite: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Gmail.
Preferred: M.B.A. or other Master’s Degree. Operations and logistics experience. Experience working in an education setting. Excellent writing and communication skills. Cross-functional experience.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend