Student Accounts Coordinator
Job no: 501192
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Office of Student Information Systems
To maintain the student accounts, assist students and parents with questions and payments, work with departments to get the appropriate charges posted or credited, and make sure we are following University established policies and federal regulations. We treat the students and parents with courtesy and respect and strive to provide the best customer service possible by providing accurate information and connecting the student or parent with the appropriate person or department when necessary. We are here to assist the students and parents through the financial portion of their education through understanding, concern, and guidance.
- Auditing: perform numerous audits throughout the term to determine the accuracy of the charges on the account and those appropriate students are charged. Audits are also done to determine refund eligibility and to update service indicators.
- Problem Solving: when a problem arises determine the best solution by auditing the account, reviewing notes, comments, reports & departmental screens, along with contacting any necessary departments involved.
- Assist Students & Parents: by phone, email & in person. Help direct them to the appropriate person or department regarding their concerns, communicate policies and/or procedures, & provide information related to the account or their questions.
- Post Fees: work with departments to receive lists of students to be charged specific fees such as Public Safety-Parking Fines, Health Center-Health Service fees, & Housing-Room and Board. Work with departments on reversals of these charges.
- Set Up Payment Plans & Take Payments: work with students to set up payment plans each term & on old accts for students no longer enrolled. Provide invoices to agencies paying fees for students & collect payments each term.
- Process Refunds: at the start of the term, work with Financial Aid & Athletics Offices to confirm the amount eligible for a refund for students with aid exceeding charges. Other credit balances are reviewed & refunded when eligible.
- Collection Process: review accounts of students no longer enrolled to determine if the balance is valid or if something was not adjusted. Send letters to students with outstanding balances for payments, before turning them into collections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree.
Preferred: 2 years' general office or customer service - in higher education environment ideal. Problem solving, auditing, organizing, attention to detail, and prioritizing abilities. Proficiency with computer keyboard/typing, calculator, and basic office machinery: fax, copier, printer, phone.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend