Job no: 501278
Work type: Regular
Location: Calabasas Campus
Categories: Integrated Marketing Communications, Communication/PR/Marketing
This experienced Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager will be responsible for optimizing University digital marketing channels to maximize their true SEO potential. We are looking for a hands-on professional with excellent problem solving and analytical skills that has knowledge of various SEO reporting & analytical platforms to support our Web Development and Marketing teams in the Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) group. The applicant will possess a clear understanding of web search and how to properly leverage these components in the SEO strategy and address measurement and reporting of all web traffic from a dozen subdomains and across various PPC accounts.
Integrated Marketing Communications is directly tasked with supporting the University's mission and strategic plan by building brand equity, elevating the University's national reputation, providing strong and consistent institutional message leadership, and implementing effective integrated marketing and communication strategies. The SEO Manager fulfills a central role in helping the department accomplish its goals.
- Use SEO tools and techniques to administer the long-term university-wide SEO plan. Daily tasks include on-page analysis and identifying ways to improve the site and content in order to rank higher. Work with our SEO agency in order to identify new strategies and implement new approaches to continue to stay on top of SERP rankings. Daily analysis and monthly reports will be required to keep track of the SEO efforts.
- Work with schools and digital agencies to plan, develop & implement SEO strategy. Interpret those plans to optimize program page SEO. Research and analysis site traffic to optimize blog SEO for higher organic search traffic.
- Change and track a balance of on- and off-page optimizations including page ranking, keyword research, long-tail, and short-tail keyword strategies, content optimization and generation, and link building. Use subject matter expertise to provide recommendations & optimizations for Pepperdine sites.
- Lead and train the school marketing teams in SEO and accessibility best practices. Motivate and train them on how to use various software tools for tracking keywords, broken links, title tags, and other SEO indicators. Software platforms include MOZ, Siteimprove, Google Analytics, Data Studio, Google Search Console, and Google My Business.
- Stay up to date with industry trends from detailed tactics to overarching concepts and inform the team and other stakeholders on required changes. Use these items as part of the SEO roadmap for each school.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Preferred: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend