Clinical Training Coordinator for Online MFT Program
Job no: 501296
Work type: Regular
Location: Irvine Graduate Campus
Categories: Graduate School of Education and Psychology, Administrative/Office Support
The Psychology Department at Pepperdine Online MFT program prepares students to become LMFT’s and LPCC’s, and the program supports the mission of Pepperdine University to prepare students for lives of purpose, service, and leadership. The Clinical Training Coordinator (CTC) for the Online MFT Program is responsible for coordinating clinical training needs of students enrolled in the Online MFT Program and supporting the Director of Clinical Training (DCT) for the Online MFT program.
- Provides administrative support to Director of Clinical Training for Psychology at Pepperdine Online MFT Program (meet weekly with DCT to review clinical training issues; collaborate with 2U placement team; coordinate practicum placement approvals and assist (as necessary) in verifying that sites meet the minimal requirements; participate in the ongoing assessment of the quality of clinical supervision and students' clinical competence; work with placement sites to address training concerns as they arise).
- Assists in preparation and maintenance of clinical training documents and reports (maintain and update practicum site directory; review, organize and analyze practicum and supervisory survey data; establish and maintain clinical training records and documentation for each student; develop and maintain measures of clinical outcomes with clients and clinical competencies of students).
- Provides clinical support and advisement to Psychology at Pepperdine Online MFT program practicum students (advise, counsel, and correspond with students regarding their clinical placement needs, as necessary; monitor processes for documenting student/client contact and supervision hours; collaborate with Student Success Team).10% - Provides administrative support for DCT and Online MFT program pre-practicum and practicum faculty and interfaces with program partners at 2U, Inc. (stay abreast of current statutes and regulations related to clinical training and practicum; participate in program meetings, program review, and accreditation activities and program improvement initiatives).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Upholds the University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Degree in Psychology, Counseling, MFT or related field. Experience/familiarity with clinical training and placement/practicum Attention and commitment to diversity and related experience/qualifications. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Exceptional attention to detail, strong organization and time management skills, and the ability to perform routine and non-routine work with changing priorities. Sound problem-solving and decision-making abilities, both as an independent entity and as part of a team. Commitment to excellent customer service and teamwork Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite applications and video conferencing.
Preferred: Familiarity with MFT and PCC Board of Behavioral Science guidelines and regulations.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend