The Senior Coach of Career and Professional Development is responsible for providing primary counseling, assessment, resume assistance, career planning, and job search coaching to students and alumni of the full-time graduate programs portfolio at the Pepperdine Graziadio Business School. This position supports the mission of developing values-centered leaders for contemporary practice through education that is entrepreneurial in spirit, ethical in focus, and global in orientation. Through counseling and leadership, resources are provided that help students and alumni find careers of service, purpose, and leadership. This position provides students with a lifelong relationship with Pepperdine and Graziadio.
- Coaching: Responsible for one-on-one and group coaching. Works with students on their job search, develops skills as they approach and interact with employers, and directs them toward potential opportunities. Customer-focused and drives high satisfaction scores on individual coaching.
- International Students: Works effectively with international students and their unique needs and challenges in the U.S.-based career search and development process.
- Career Course Facilitation: Develops career course curriculum, facilitates sections of the PGBS 560 Career Course, and maintains syllabi for specific program needs to build strong student relationships and develop student job search skills and strategies.
- Corporate Outreach: Reaches out to employers and alumni to build relationships, builds out extensive alumni network with former students who have graduated. Uses this network to secure hiring/internship opportunities and other engagement opportunities (case competitions, site visits, coffee chats, etc.)
- Teamwork: Works with co-workers to build a team that offers premium career and professional development.
- Faculty Relationships: Develop faculty relationships to align and integrate classroom experience with career development initiatives.
- Leadership: Leads more complex and impactful initiatives that drive the CPD department, impacting students, alumni, offerings and outcomes, coaches, and more junior staff members.
- Data Collection: Maintains detailed student notes and records, collects, reports, and analyzes outcomes data both before and after graduation Rankings: Enhances employment outcomes.
- Time Management: Successfully manages multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Master's degree in a related field (business administration, counseling, human resource management, psychology, etc.) Three or more years of professional career coaching/counseling (or closely related) experience, including mastery of multiple degree program areas. Superior skill in counseling both individually and with groups. Program development experience. Knowledgeable in career counseling theories and techniques. Proficiency with Google docs/sheets/calendar/email/hangouts, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Highly developed skills in counseling or student advising with individuals and groups, along with planning and implementing strategic communications with students, staff, and faculty. Personal Computer, expertise in Internet Search and utilization, TV/VCR, and teleconferencing equipment.
Preferred: Additional experience in a related area, such as training/development, corporate recruitment, vocational assessment in a coaching/counseling setting. Presentation skills. Classroom teaching, data/analytics/metrics, business acumen, project management experience. Organizational skills. Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals across the business school and university (staff, faculty and senior level administration).
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.