Recruitment and Employment Specialist
Job no: 501331
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Human Resources, Other
The Recruitment and Employment Specialist serves as a Human Resources ambassador to University supervisors regarding all details of the staff employment cycle, including recruitment of new staff and management of transfers, promotions, and other incremental employment changes. Given the decentralized nature of Pepperdine's recruitment process, this position will not assume a talent acquisition function, but rather, will support hiring managers through the various stages of the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will deliver high touch customer service to the Pepperdine community while managing a high volume of detailed requests requiring strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, reflecting the University's mission and values in all interactions.
- Provide superior customer service to hiring managers engaged in the staff recruitment process, assisting them with position descriptions, job postings, advertisements, applicant communications, offers of employment, etc. Conduct FLSA evaluations of positions as needed.
- Process incremental staff changes and reorganizations, including pay increases, title changes, promotions, and transfers.
- Represent Pepperdine University as an employer by attending job fairs, sending recruiting materials, and engaging with student organizations. Implement strategic recruitment efforts to expand and diversify applicant pools. Provide superior customer service to applicants, creating goodwill for the University throughout the process.
- Serve as the primary superuser of the University's applicant tracking system, and as system administrator of the University's HRIS, background check, and Form I-9 management systems. Perform routine audits and manage restricted and confidential data appropriately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree; Exceptional written and oral communication skills; Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; Strong attention to detail; Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; Ability to use discretion when handling sensitive and confidential issues, ability to organize and prioritize changing workload, ability to work harmoniously, professionally, and effectively with co-workers and supervisors; Must dress professionally; Supportive of the Christian mission; Ability to integrate the University's Christian mission with HR practice Proficient in MS Word and Excel; Previous database system experience
Preferred: 2-3 years' experience in human resources, higher education, or a related field; Knowledge of California wage and hour laws; Previous experience in employment processing; Previous experience in higher education; Previous affiliation with Pepperdine University Experience with PeopleSoft HCM, Kronos, HireRight, FormI-9 Compliance, and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite); Advanced MS Word and MS Excel skills
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend