Enrollment Services Officer
Job no: 501341
Work type: Regular
Location: West LA Campus
Categories: Graduate School of Education and Psychology, Admission/Student Recruitment
The Enrollment Services Officer contributes to the development of the strategic and tactical marketing and recruitment plan, which is developed collaboratively with the marketing team. This role provides important insights and recommendations, based on his/her recruitment data and experience, for achieving the annual enrollment goals. The position utilizes CRM database to track leads and contacts individuals who have indicated an interest in the assigned programs. This role encourages them to attend an information briefing or otherwise furthering their interest in the programs.
- Provide informational materials and counseling services for prospective students.
- Work in sync with the marketing department, sharing feedback on the quality of leads by outreach effort and making plan/program suggestions, as appropriate.
- Coach students through all aspects of the admissions process including the collection, evaluation, and distribution of documents and information related to their admissions file.
- Maintain telephone and electronic contact and initiate correspondence with prospective students, including appropriate and consistent follow-up.
- Participate in recruitment travel, representing the University at graduate and career fairs and conducting on-site presentations for prospective students and/or advisors. Participate in on-campus outreach events.
- Conduct informational campus sessions and visits for prospective students and their guests.
- Represent GSEP at conferences, alumni conferences and other functions as it pertains to the Enrollment Management Plan.
- Create and maintain student files in both printed and electronic forms.
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings, monthly at a minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats.
- Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-5 years of experience in higher education admissions, recruitment and marketing. Demonstrated success in reaching targeted enrollment goals, executing recruitment plans, and closing. Exhibits excellence in customer service, teamwork, and leadership. Well-versed in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite. Knowledge of cloud base storage, CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce), and integrated educational systems (i.e.PeopleSoft). Personal cell phone is required; a Mobile phone allowance is provided. Professional demeanor; travel is required as needed.
Preferred: Experience in graduate admissions and bilingual skills in English and Spanish Knowledge of Zoom, Etrieve, & Signalvine.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend