Job no: 501387
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Student Affairs, Administrative/Office Support
This Administrative Coordinator position serves as the front office receptionist creating a warm and welcoming environment in the Student Affairs suite. The incumbent would serve as a welcoming and calming presence within a fast paced and student facing suite. This Admin is able to manage a high volume of people entering the suite and offers exceptional customer service while creating a harmonious ambiance for all who enter.
- Support the Student Employment Department and the Executive Assistant to the Vice President and provide a high level of support to maintain a professional and comfortable office environment.
- Manage the daily office functions including mail distribution, coordinating meeting logistics, and greeting incoming guests, students, and faculty/staff entering the Student Affairs suite.
- Respond to a high-volume of phone, email, and in-person requests for appointments; process financial transactions (payment of requisitions, reconcile/substantiate credit card statements); order office supplies, assist student employees, and arrange audio visual support.
- Supervise 5 -10 student employees by recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the ongoing development of the students throughout their employment.
- Provide ongoing administrative support to the Jumpstart Coordinators and Jumpstart student employees to include van and travel oversight, reallocation and substantiation of credit card statements, and office oversight.
- Serve as back-up to the executive assistant for phone coverage, create and/or proof correspondence; assist with updating Student Affairs organization charts and emergency contact lists.
- Assist with coordination and execution of Student Affairs events and programs, and work collaboratively with colleagues to promote departmental goals.
- Assist with administering, tracking, and reconciling expenses submitted for the Student Enrichment Fund programs.
- Answer general questions regarding services, and policies; provide direction to appropriate departmental contacts.
- Participate in professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- As a staff member in Student Affairs who works closely with students, this person serves as a Christian role model and promotes a biblical worldview. Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Minimum of 4 years of office administrative experience with the ability to work well under pressure. Ability to provide support with professionalism, discretion, confidentiality, and a positive attitude, and know when to escalate more complex requests to the Executive Assistant and Director of Student Employment. Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities. Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, business communication, and time management skills. Working knowledge and proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; ability to embrace technology as part of the learning process and willingness to incorporate into the role.
Preferred: Undergraduate degree.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend