The Content and Social Media Manager will be responsible for creating and managing marketing content initiatives to ensure engagement, brand consistency, and a positive relationship experience for all Pepperdine Graziadio audiences including prospective students, students, faculty and staff. This role will work closely across all cross-functional areas within the business school, as well as with other university department stakeholders to lead the growth of organic social media, blogs, and other forms of content to build awareness and contribute to the enrollment goals of the marketing team.
The Content and Social Media Manager will participate in developing content across various projects and platforms, including but not limited to, email marketing, website/webpage content, sponsored content, digital advertisements, print collateral, film and video, live event coverage on social media channels, and other content areas as needed. The individual in this role should be creative, inquisitive, and keep up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and trends in the social media space, have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to express the school’s brand clearly and creatively.
The Content and Social Media Manager will develop content calendars and strategies that align with short-term and long-term marketing goals, create and publish content, ensure brand compliance, and provide regular monitoring of engagement and other metrics to identify best practices and report on the ROI of content and social channel related marketing activities. The Content and Social Media Manager will be able to effectively manage communication with stakeholder(s) including alumni, current students, Graziadio faculty and staff, and other stakeholders internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications and key stakeholders across the School to develop content and key messaging for use across all communication channels and target audiences, ensuring brand consistency.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging real-time content and communication across various digital platforms each day based on the content calendar. Manage departments/programs' social media requests.
- Copywriting for various projects including email, web, collateral, and more.
- Develop and maintain monthly social media analytics reporting; monitor, analyze and make recommendations for adjustments needed to meet the School's objectives.
- Oversee social media design (posts, cover profile, etc.).
- Remain up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, and applications.
- Write, template, and send email newsletters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Communication, or relevant field; Hands-on experience in social media and content management. Must have a strong understanding of social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more. Excellent copywriting skills; Knowledge of SEO, keyword search, and Google Analytics; Knowledge of online marketing channels; Excellent communication, analysis, and multi-tasking skills. Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite (Google Docs, etc.), Monday.com, Slack, and more.
Preferred: Experience in higher education; Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and other content creation tools. Strong time management and project management skills. A general understanding of how to use new digital tools is a plus, as technology is continuously evolving.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.