International Programs Office Coordinator
Job no: 501421
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Seaver College, Administrative/Office Support, International Programs
As Pepperdine seeks to be a preeminent global university, the university endeavors to send as many students abroad as possible for transformational life experiences and to best support them in their preparation process.
The International Programs Office Coordinator helps to ensure we best serve students, parents, and other stakeholders in the community as students consider studying abroad or are preparing for a study abroad program. This position manages and supports office operations, supports student marketing and student development programs and projects, manages student employees, and provides assistance to the IP Malibu Office Director.
- Manage front office: Ensure front desk coverage, lead responder to phone calls, walk-ins, and emails, stock literature & supplies, manage student worker schedules and hiring, manage staff contact lists, submit requisitions, coordinate office meetings, mail parcel, ensure strong customer service, serve on Emergency Response Team, and maintain a clean and professional environment.
- Administrative support for the IP Malibu Office Director: This includes meeting management, financial support, and special projects.
- Manage student travel in the Travel Tracker system: Create training modules, monitor and correct student travel, & issue management.
- Provide support to other International Programs staff members as needed. This may include tasks to support enrollment management, study abroad preparations, Faculty in Residence, marketing, and student development.
- Event support and management: Provide logistical leadership and support for various office events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's Degree; Highly organized; Customer service skills; Systems thinker; Display initiative; and Strong communication skills. Must be able to use Mac computers; Comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word; experience with the Google Suite.
Preferred: 1+ years of office management/support experience; 2+ years of professional work experience. Experience supervising others (full, part time, or volunteer); customer experience expertise; Study abroad knowledge and experience.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend