Waves Engagement and Annual Giving Officer
Job no: 501432
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Advancement, Other, Development/Alumni Affairs
The Waves Engagement and Annual Giving Officer is responsible for the strategic programming of engagement activities for athletic donors and for managing a portfolio of approximately 170-200 donors with a giving capacity of $1K-25K annually. In partnership with other athletics giving officers and athletics partners, this individual will work cross-organizationally to enhance alumni engagement strategies and implement an effective fundraising program to support the advancement goals of the University.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 170-200 donors/prospects and conduct outreach to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward them on behalf of the University. Meet with 15-18 significant prospects each month to meet fundraising and key performance metrics. Demonstrate effective strategies and utilize best practices in athletic fundraising. Consistently meet or exceed individual and team key performance goals. Identification of prospects includes prospective Pepperdine Athletics Board members and may include prospects for planned gifts.
- Develop, implement, and manage other annual giving avenues for increased undesignated gifts within sports and department-wide. In partnership with the Athletic Director, continue to build the Athletics Board of Advisors, coordinate and produce their activities, and engage with participants regularly.
- Independently develop and manage a robust series of athletic alumni programs and events to increase engagement and maintain positive relationships with Pepperdine alumni. Further develop the Waves Varsity Club, Pepperdine's exclusive alumni organization for student-athletes. Cross-departmentally work with University Alumni Affairs and Annual Giving on Pepperdine Gives and Waves Give, the University and Athletics department days of giving in the fall and spring.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years experience of experience in fundraising or a related field; highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to manage multiple projects at once; ability to meet deadlines in order to meet fundraising goals; excellent written, verbal, and people skills; general level of comfort dealing with high net worth individuals; ability to build strong relationships with coaches and Athletic staff to understand the needs of the Athletics program; ability to incorporate the mission of Pepperdine University into daily work.
Preferred: Former NCAA student-athlete, experience in Advancement in a higher education setting.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend