Executive Homes Ambassador
Job no: 501468
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Facilities, Skilled Craft/Trade
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Custodial Services and Manager, Custodial Services in the Department of Facilities Services (DFS), act as the Executive Homes Ambassador to ensure an efficiently functioning, safe, hospitable and clean environment for the Executives Homes on the Malibu campus.
- Perform duties for a wide variety of custodial, grounds keeping and maintenance tasks in order to provide a clean, orderly, and safe environment at the University's Executive Homes.
- Perform detailed cleaning of interior and exterior spaces including furniture, restrooms, and surfaces. Setup, arrange, and remove decorations and furniture to prepare facilities for events and perform clean-up activities. Empty and clean wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Apply pest control compounds and/or set traps to prevent insect and pest infestation. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies manually or with equipment.
- Clean/wash walls, windows, mirrors, glass, stoves, appliances and barbeque grills. Clean floors as appropriate for flooring surface by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, and/or shampooing.
- Perform light repairs to fixtures, structures and paint touch-ups. Identify and address issues in need of attention or repair and generate work orders accordingly.
- Exterior grounds keeping maintenance including umbrella cleaning, hardscape cleaning, storage and hand railing and lighting cleaning. Complete various tasks required to maintain University grounds, including but not limited to mowing, trimming, cutting, blowing, watering, power washing, litter and trash removal.
- Ensure all work is performed per applicable specifications, industry standards, best practices, and Pepperdine standards. Immediately report accidents, injuries, or unsafe conditions to the supervisor. Perform all duties in a safe manner and comply with University and regulatory standards, procedures, codes, laws, and regulations. Uphold University mission through work performed. Understand and carry out oral and written directions. Follow appropriate procedures and instructions for the use of chemicals and equipment in order to prevent damage or injury.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings. Secure buildings when facilities are not in use by checking for unlocked doors and windows, reporting unauthorized occupants, and turning off lights.
- Accurately record and report all work performed indicating the time and materials expended. Fill out logs to document services rendered. Order, deliver, and stock paper products and supplies. Maintain tools, equipment, and a clean work area.
- Conduct effective communication and coordination among all internal and external project participants and stakeholders including the House Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Proof of legal U.S. working status. Minimum one (1) year of custodial and landscaping work experience, preferably in a university setting. Must be able to follow verbal and basic written instructions. Must be able to operate and care for related tools and equipment. Must be able to work as part of a team. Must be able to follow strict safety standards. Must have a valid CA driver's license. Must be insurable by the University's insurance carrier. Must be able to travel to various campus locations. Must be willing to work extended shifts during emergencies. Must be innovative. Must be a self-starter. Must have good English skills and be able to follow verbal and basic written instructions. Must have interpersonal skills and be able to operate and care for related tools and equipment. Must be able to use and operate a vacuum and floor/carpet care machines, broom, mop, duster, etc. Must be able to understand manufacturers’ instructions and recommendations to ascertain correct handling of materials and equipment. Must be willing to support the mission of Pepperdine University, articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds Normal mobility and ability to move around construction sites. Ability to bend, stoop, twist, traverse rugged terrain, climb up and down ladders and scaffolding. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds, including up and down stairs, and occasionally lifting and carrying 75 pounds.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $18.90 - $21.00 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend