Strategic Administrative Specialist
Job no: 501505
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Seaver College, Administrative/Office Support
The Strategic Administrative Specialist will facilitate the efforts of the Seaver College Dean and Dean's Office to plan, prepare, and implement strategic projects, including the college's 2030 strategic plan. The specialist also supports the Dean's Office and college by supporting all commencement and graduation activities, writing grants, special reports, assisting with data analysis, and developing professional presentations. The specialist will also provide administrative support in periods of high demand. The specialist reports to the Dean and assists him/her in the performance of their duties.
- Work both independently and in collaboration with various University constituents on projects of strategic importance to Seaver College. Duties will include planning, data gathering and analysis, writing, and implementation of various projects.
- Coordinate activities related to the annual Seaver College commencement ceremony and related graduation events. These activities included, but are not limited to, leading the use of Marching Order software, communication with graduates and families, planning for GradFest and regalia orders, collaborating with partners, including University Events, assisting with end-of-year celebration events for graduates, and other tasks as necessary.
- Provide administrative support to the Dean's Office. Duties will include tasks assigned by the dean, associate deans, dean's executive assistant, or the manager of administrative services.
- Provide direct support to the dean of Seaver College.
- Provide direct support to all associate and assistant deans in the Dean's Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree. Ability to multi-task/effectively prioritize; be self-motivated; communicate clearly; attention to detail. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
Preferred: Knowledge of Pepperdine; Experience writing effectively and persuasively, experience with data analysis; ability to think both creatively and critically; ability to work and lead teams; ability to work autonomously. Proficiency with Google Drive, Google Suite; Adobe Creative Suite; PeopleSoft, Sakai/Courses.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $27.25 - $30.28 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend