Job no: 501538
Work type: Restricted
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Architecture/Planning/Construction, Department of Design and Construction
The purpose of this position is to assist in design, construction, remodel, and campus planning requests for the Department of Design and Construction (DDC).
- Support both project management and operations in DDC completing assigned tasks and providing assistance for project managers and administrative staff.
- Computer-aided design and drafting, construction archive research and reproduction, permit requirements research, and computer-generated graphics.
- Computer-based graphic tasks include producing and revising construction plans, updating archived as-built plans, and creating digital concept sketches and presentations such as photo simulations.
- Assist project managers with project feasibility analyses, space planning, and preparation of presentation materials.
- Perform project and office tasks including developing and distributing written and verbal communications, filing, file retrieval, and research.
- Responsible for organization, control, and tracking of documents.
- Assist in collecting, organizing, and evaluating project and facility information for reports and for maintenance of building and infrastructure database.
- Assist in development of database organization and report templates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction management, or a closely related field. Experience in the building design and construction field. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational skills, with an emphasis on managing multiple tasks. Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and meet required deadlines. Knowledge of design and construction project documentation and protocols. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Bluebeam, Adobe Acrobat, Google suite, Word, and Excel. Professional demeanor.
Preferred: Master's Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction management, or a closely related field. Working knowledge of Revit, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop are highly desirable.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Restricted, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $22.50 - $25.00 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend