Central Receiving/Service Specialist 2
Job no: 501554
Work type: Regular
Location: Malibu Campus
Categories: Other, Campus Operations
The Central Receiving/Service Specialist 2 position oversees and processes the handling of all materials received and shipped at Central Receiving; assist warehouse clerks; inspects delivered materials; handles customer concerns, complaints and processes claims; ensures timely processing of data for FRS and UPS; coordinates/schedules materials delivery and pick-up; maintains records of bills of lading and delivery logs; assists with other Warehouse and moving tasks; monitors and balances daily UPS cash receivables; interfaces with common and freight carriers to resolve errors and damage; performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oversee and process the handling of all materials received and shipped at Central Receiving; assist warehouse staff; inspect delivered materials; handle customer concerns, complaints and process claims; ensure timely processing of data for FRS and UPS; coordinate/schedule materials delivery and pick-up; maintain records of bills of lading and delivery logs; monitor and balance daily UPS cash receivables; interface with common and freight carriers to resolve errors and damage.
- Sort incoming US mail. Process Outgoing US mail. Process mail for student mailboxes, Seaver and Graduate. Sort general distributions for departments. Assist with the preparation of Bulk mailings for dispatch to Postal Service.
- Fill in for Mail Services Service Specialist 1 position during their absence or vacation. Provide part -time coverage at West LA Mail Services. Oversee student employees in processing mail for student mailboxes.
- Operate University vehicles and equipment in the performance of mail, move and setup services observing all safety policies and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed. Uphold the Living Pepperdine standards in day-to-day work; participate in Daily Line-Ups and be able to articulate how the standards tie to daily work. Work collaboratively with team members and serve the University and community with a positive attitude. Approach work as a service ambassador to the community.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: High school diploma; two years experience in one or more of the following: shipping/receiving, professional common carrier and trucking; experience with material handling equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.). Full manual dexterity; ability to lift and safely carry 100 lbs. 25 feet. Experience working with the public. Possess a valid California driver's license and provide a current DMV printout showing an acceptable driving record. Good verbal and written English skills; knowledge of safety standards in shipping/receiving and skill to teach those standards; basic PC skills. Must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of the position, which require arduous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending, and reaching, and may involve the handling of heavy containers of mail and parcels weighing up to 70 pounds. Experience with processing mail using a computerized tracking system (Bear Tracks). Experience working with the public.
Preferred: Two years of college or professional school. UPS automated experience; knowledge of US postal regulations and ability to interpret postal regulations. Ability to lift and carry 70 pounds for short distances. Working knowledge of computer systems. Ability to communicate with staff, customers, and supervisors. Ability to listen to and understand the information presented through spoken words and sentences. Work under tight deadlines and prioritize workloads. Ability to work around noisy equipment. Able to stand for long periods of time. Ability to work in a team environment. Some college education. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat, Google Gmail, Docs and Sheets. Training in the proper operation of material handling equipment. Class "B" driver's license. Prior experience with mail equipment such as postage meters and bulk mailing machines and handheld PDAs. Knowledge of shipping industry standards.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Regular, Nonexempt, 40 hour per week position.
Expected Pay Range: $18.00 per hour
The above pay range reflects what Pepperdine University reasonably expects to pay for this position at time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on relevant factors such as work experience, market conditions, education/training, and skill level. In addition to base pay, Pepperdine offers a robust and highly competitive benefits package.
Advertised: Pacific Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend